PDA

View Full Version : iRay glass problem in Interior Render

alexteusch
01-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Hi guys.

I need some advise. I am working on this image for my client and I can't get the glass right.
As you can see from the image the top looks fine but the glass base is way too dark.

Interior render (http://www.alexanderteusch.com/extras/wine08.jpg)

I tried the iRay material and A&D. It's either way too light so that the glass is almost not visible or the base is way too dark like in the image.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Chris-Kruger
01-24-2013, 12:32 PM
If you use the iray material you could check the absorption box under volume in the material. Adjust transmitted color and distance of measurement to get the right look.

alexteusch
01-28-2013, 05:58 PM
If you use the iray material you could check the absorption box under volume in the material. Adjust transmitted color and distance of measurement to get the right look.

I'm using the iRay material but what color should it 'absorb'?
If I put red, the whole glass will be red, if I put black the whole glass is black, if I put white the glass is perfectly clear except the foot which is way too dark. :banghead:

Chris-Kruger
01-29-2013, 08:13 AM
You should use a light green colour. You could also try adjusting the glossy weight in the base layer.

CGTalk Moderation
01-29-2013, 08:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.