PDA

View Full Version : Environment 3D: Sanctuary

juanjgon
12-11-2003, 11:57 AM
Hello to everybody ... :beer:

Here is other of my works ... it is a fiction scene, but heavy inspired in Hindu architecture.

There are two pictures with diferent view point ... i cant decide what looks better ...

Modeling and rendering ussing Lightwave 7.5. Textures and final adjusts done with Photoshop 6.0

I hope you like it .... all comments are wellcome ....

http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/sanctuary_1.jpg
http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/sanctuary_2.jpg
http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/sanctuary_0.jpg

Best regards,

mikepolizos
12-11-2003, 12:02 PM
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:
Excellent work here man!
I love the detail and the lights, gives a warm atmosphere!
Well done, also like the water!

I think the 2nd view is better, show more detail!

:drool:

wlnh
12-11-2003, 12:09 PM
perfect,̫ˣ
i like it very much,how much time have you study photoshop?

sorry my english is too bad!

Garma
12-11-2003, 12:14 PM
dude you keep amazing. Another stunning image. The first is my favourite, I like the water.

Just one comment: did you copy the lighting setup from your previous work? :p Maybe try something else next time, it looks very much like your previous work.

just breathtaking.

yangmiemie
12-11-2003, 12:53 PM
:bounce:
the detail is beautiful.......:love:
go on .....

telamon
12-11-2003, 12:54 PM
another front page stuff from juan... Awesome stuff. Hundred stars

The depth of field, the colors and the contrast between water and buildings are very equilibrated.

Juan, how do you model so quickly. Could you once present your technique please :drool:

da_rock21
12-11-2003, 01:04 PM
wow, that looks great. i wouldnt be surprised to see it on the main page today. keep it up.:thumbsup:

Xtra
12-11-2003, 02:21 PM
An absolute fantastic work! I like everything on it! You wrote that this scene contains 3.5 Million Polys. May I ask you how many RAM do you have installed in your PC?

juanjgon
12-11-2003, 03:54 PM
Hi,

Thank you four your comments ....

Garma: You are ok about lighting ... this is in fact an evolution of lighting of Hagia Sophia to solve some issues i see in this first scene. I have plans to make other lightings in this scene, specially night and rain one ...

Xtra: Scene has about 3.9 MPolygons and has been rendered with 1 Gb of RAM at print resolution.

Regards,

Dillon
12-11-2003, 07:32 PM
This looks really nice!

Just one critique - it seems the softness of the shadow from the main light is a bit soft - did you use a shadow mapped spot?

In any case, the big tower's shadow being cast on the ground is very very soft. If it were the 'sun', it would be casting a much sharper shadow.

Please disregard this observation if this was a stylistic lighting scheme.

Great detail!

Dillon

FOT
12-11-2003, 07:50 PM
Duplicated post... sorry:shrug:

FOT
12-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Astuuuuriass patria queridaaa!
Astuuuuriass de mis amoreees!

Whoa! juanjgon todos tus trabajos son alucinantes tio!!

Yo estoy empezando en esto, y todo lo que he aprendido lo he hecho solo... Me gustaria que me dijeras si has estudiado en algun sitio para alcanzar ese nivel, y si es asi, que me dijeras donde... aqui en Valencia escasean los sitios...

Another front page stuff! No doubt about it!
Congrats!

Cheers, FOT

PD: Can't wait to see the next lighting setups!!!

slackjaw10
12-11-2003, 10:19 PM
Man I hope you do the rain scene, that'd be so sweet. You could add little statue heads on the buildings with rain water pouring out of their mouths. :drool:

Also, I think you should shorten the grass because the size and length of the blades throws off the building's scale IMHO. :shrug:

Geetor
12-11-2003, 10:46 PM
First thoughts are nice picture.lot's of work and nice mood.
It appears more like a 2D picture than photorealistic 3D.It seems a little fuzzy,which perhaps you were going for with the lighting.Also at first glance it looks a little like Bryce,not a bad thing but that is what I first thought.
Anyway's I like the picture,nice mood and feel.:beer:

nose
12-11-2003, 11:04 PM
Wow! This is really great! Looks fantastic! :thumbsup:

FUG1T1VE
12-12-2003, 12:09 AM
wow. nice work. Id like to see how you handle the rain falling on the river. Id like to see an flythrough of this scene. Each building is amazing in its own little scene.

PS: what are your intentions with this scene, for a cinematic, or just a still?

Man
12-12-2003, 12:23 AM
nice work!

one thing though; the mountain materials are low quality compared to the rest of the scene..

your image reminded me of mortal kombat (the movie), it looks like that temple where liu kang used to live:D

Garma
12-12-2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by juanjgon
I have plans to make other lightings in this scene, specially night and rain one ...

that would rock :bounce: please keep us updated!

facial
12-12-2003, 02:13 AM
Omg. :eek:
you did so great buildings here. lol

Well done, :thumbsup:

Plays_4_Pants
12-12-2003, 02:28 AM
Extemely stellar work. I would be nice to see the buildings closer up to see the detail.:thumbsup:

juanjgon
12-12-2003, 09:13 AM
Hi,

Thank you four your comments ....
Here is other lighting test ... now in WIP, of night view ....

http://www.arrakis.es/~juanj/_temp/sanctuary_3.jpg

Regards,

clifford
12-12-2003, 09:56 AM
Wow .. amazing work !!!:drool:

The night set is beautiful and I prefer the second view.

:applause:

juanjgon
12-12-2003, 06:09 PM
Hehehe ... clifford ... i love you avatar ... :rolleyes: good times with Amiga ...

Thank you for your comment.

Regards,

unwrap
12-12-2003, 07:25 PM
Absolutely stunning, man :buttrock: ! Both are excellent. The first view is better I guess.

Raphael-Lacoste
12-12-2003, 11:02 PM
nice bg :)

for the night scene, you need to add more deph, add a nearer end for your FoG with transparency , aslo some layers of myst could help to give a "Human scale", for now it looks like a model.
also the hills are too CG, need more faked vegetation maybe.

BTW nice modeling and atmosphere.

cheers:p

sarfarazsoomro
12-13-2003, 02:23 AM
wow, g48 modellng and texturing, the day versioon has gr8 feel in it, and temples are looking very nice, congrats on this piece and yeah truly depictive of hindu architecture.

:)

boboroshi
12-13-2003, 04:45 AM
wow. that's amazing. greta work!

ODoul
12-13-2003, 07:19 AM
I can hardly believe my eyes when I look at this. An amazing amount of detail. Really nice work.

Sqwall
12-13-2003, 07:46 AM
Very nice. I love it. The materials and the light is killer. :)

Aeroplane
12-14-2003, 04:15 PM
:bowdown: superb!:bowdown:

k4k
12-14-2003, 05:31 PM
very nice!!
inspiration from puri jaganathar temple?

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.