PDA

View Full Version : SM 04_2013 Babies and Toddlers

Sundaynights
01-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Hello and welcome to the Speed Modelling Challeng calender week four 2013.

Thanks for joining us.

Every callender week we will do a new Speed Modelling. So there will be a bunch of 52 challenging Speed Modelling sessions throughout the year for you to participate. They will eather start on Sunday (evening) or Monday (as we all live in different countries, with different time zones).
There is also no restriction. If you liked a previous theme better than the actual you can also participate in that again.

This weeks theme is Babies and Toddlers.
You can decide if you want to make a (realistic or cartoony) Character or if you would rather like doing props (like a pacifier or baby bottle).

If you do the Character, try to stay in a 5 hour range.
If you do props you should stay within one hour.

Have fun!

jburford
01-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Well, time to upload something in the New Year here.

Just a screenshot, but think it turned out ok.

http://picpaste.com/Baby_Bottle_WIP_Screenshot.png.

Sorry for external link , but can only upload small files here.

Cheers

marmomeh
01-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Hey everyone!

I've been eyeing at this forum/thread for so long, and now that the new year has finally come and past, I decided to actually participate!

So here's a quick pacifier I modeled. Still a little new to modeling, so forgive me for not getting into too much detail! I definitely wanted to see what I could accomplish in the hour constraint.

http://www.shawnlu.com/images/misc/pacifier.jpg

litzman
02-20-2013, 03:49 PM
WEll i haven't done anything for awhile, i figure i might as well do somethinghttp://ed.edim.co/2703455/bottle2.jpg?Expires=1361804330&Signature=HymDhY8W~jQFMXBGBJEoHGRhRcPraeXyDsjbyWF9eYi~yJ3bJrPh5UZXGsgsVUyjzPgz~lbq85rL~5O~PkMtrpDU4qMF9kRiycSd9c-D7N3ZRTLdJZ9w4fZvwKcU~kRQwYu630A54SQFbSxPmAd1VoS-WfztlzD3AulxnroV1Cg_&Key-Pair-Id=APKAI3N2VAFIZ34RBHFA

Sundaynights
02-22-2013, 07:56 AM
Hey everyone!

I've been eyeing at this forum/thread for so long, and now that the new year has finally come and past, I decided to actually participate!

So here's a quick pacifier I modeled. Still a little new to modeling, so forgive me for not getting into too much detail! I definitely wanted to see what I could accomplish in the hour constraint.

HI marmomeh,

thats a nice pacifier! It only needs some texture on it and than it could be used as is in animation (you could even anymate it to bend and stuff as the edgeloops are good)! The only thing missing is that ring on the back where you can put on a rope - so it won't go missing.

You might have noticed that I - as no one participated - have stopped hosting those SMC. I can go again anytime for you if you want or you can make some for yourself.
So if you want to do specific models to improve and show them here go ahead!

@litzman

that would be great!

marmomeh
02-23-2013, 01:09 AM
HI marmomeh,

thats a nice pacifier! It only needs some texture on it and than it could be used as is in animation (you could even anymate it to bend and stuff as the edgeloops are good)! The only thing missing is that ring on the back where you can put on a rope - so it won't go missing.

Thanks for the input! I actually used a deformer to get that curvature of the base! And I was going to go for the ring and rope/clip, but I spent a lot of time trying to clean up the base. Mirroring gave me some merging of verts I didn't want. :(

You might have noticed that I - as no one participated - have stopped hosting those SMC. I can go again anytime for you if you want or you can make some for yourself.
So if you want to do specific models to improve and show them here go ahead!

Yes, it would be nice to have something going again if possible. Ideally I just need a topic/subject to work on! I'm leaning more towards Hard Surface/environment modeling, so maybe this Sunday night (no pun intended, okay maybe a little) we can get a new week 'challenge' started!

VoltStorm7
03-05-2013, 12:07 PM
I'd love to participate in these challenges, if they start up again.

Sundaynights
03-06-2013, 08:32 AM
Hey marmomesh,

with what software do you work? Normally you can dial down the threshold of the mirror geometry function - so when all verts are on x= 0 then you can dial it down to 0.001 and all verts will be nice and clean!

Since two people are now wanting to participate. Do you want to have specific things to work on, like hard surfaces, terrains/environment or organic (people/animals)'? Or something easy for starters? I am willing to host them again if people are participating.

VoltStorm7
03-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Environment please. Any type of environment for any program. I really want to work on environments

Sundaynights
03-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Thats good! That will be my focus in my private work as well for now! So give me some time to study a few environment things and to get some good fotos for you to look at.
So starting on Monday again should be ok, I think.
Lets study some environment!

CGTalk Moderation
03-06-2013, 03:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.