PDA

View Full Version : "Render" viewport as high resolution image?

Cyberdodel
01-17-2013, 10:58 AM
Hello,

is it possible to "render" the viewport, just as it looks, as high resolution image? I want the realtimelook, but higher resolution, therefore screenshot is no solution. It can be done in softimage modtool for example.

Would also be nice to preview animations. Thank you!

Would be great!

Shadowlich
01-17-2013, 01:38 PM
click the render button and select opengl render.

hvanderwegen
01-17-2013, 10:13 PM
To be more specific: set the required resolution in the render settings, then in the viewport header (the small icon bar with the menu at the bottom of the viewport) click either the small camera or clapper board icon to render an opengl-based image or animation, respectively.

If you render an openGL based animation, don't forget to set the output folder first.

Cyberdodel
01-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Oh this was helpful :) Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for, good old openGL render :bounce:

edit: I never would have searched it in the viewport header... would have expected it in the render dialog with the other settings like resolution and so on.

hvanderwegen
01-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Oh this was helpful :) Thank you. Exactly what I was looking for, good old openGL render :bounce:

edit: I never would have searched it in the viewport header... would have expected it in the render dialog with the other settings like resolution and so on.

I guess the reasoning behind this is that it is "viewport related" - still, the render settings do impact the behaviour of these buttons as well, so one might expect these in a different context as well.

CGTalk Moderation
01-20-2013, 09:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.