PDA

View Full Version : Characters: Sheep and Monkey

Optigon-cg
12-11-2003, 04:18 AM
Here's a couple of characters I modeled and textured for a game currently in development. Comments are welcome.:D

http://www.optigoncg.com/Misc_Webspace/RJT/SavMonkey_comp.jpg

http://www.optigoncg.com/Misc_Webspace/RJT/Sheep_comp

Emberghost
12-11-2003, 04:34 AM
Way to go, I am horrible at modeling animals as well as doing amazing textures like that! Great job.

wlnh
12-11-2003, 05:03 AM
very good!
i think the monkey looks like a feifei(ατατ),not a monkey!

graffb
12-11-2003, 05:45 AM
Monkey very gooood! but the ship head little curious. The eye too be ahead!

Optigon-cg
12-12-2003, 03:19 AM
but the ship head little curious. The eye too be ahead!

Well,.... at least it's a reply :hmm:

Thanks so far guys.

Goatfuzz
12-12-2003, 03:25 AM
I love the sheep! Really nice job on the textures (and it has a really low poly count). Best of luck to your game! :beer:

lricho
12-12-2003, 05:03 AM
Well,.... at least it's a reply
I think what he means is that the sheep's eyes need to look like they are more on the side of the head, rather than the front. I'd have to agree. They look too much like human placement rather than a regular animal. Widen the forehead and nose bridge a lot and push the eyes further round the head (and perhaps slightly smaller)

shyy
12-12-2003, 06:16 AM
cool texture

Timone
12-12-2003, 07:14 AM
that monkey is awesome, no crits on that.

The sheep, however, doesnt really look furry to me, looks more like it has a lot of loose skin, like a bulldog or somthing. Not sure how to fix it tho.. =/
And the nose reminds me of the Quake logo =)

aesir
12-12-2003, 07:18 AM
I love that monkey!! And as for the sheep, good luck making it walk. No cuts in the legs so they could bend.

Optigon-cg
12-12-2003, 07:25 AM
I appreciate the crits so far.

@Iricho:

I originally had "people eyes" on the sheep (white w/pupils). Maybe I should go back to them since that would make him more toony.

@aesir:

There will be many sheep on the screen at one time in the Unreal 2K3 game engine, so poly-count had to be really low. The animation will be very minimal. The legs will move ever-so-slightly to make it walk.

@Timone

I know what you mean by the wool looking like skin folds in places. I think the problem lies in the crease lines where the leg meets the body. I should probably get rid of those and add horizontal lines down the upper part of the leg. That should then look more like puffs of wool.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.