PDA

View Full Version : Jinny appreciation thread!

Lunatique
12-11-2003, 02:15 AM
Yep, that's right! The one and only Jinny Brown, who tirelessly travels from one end of the internet to another, helping fellow Painter users with their range of questions. She is curteous, sweet, helpful, patient, and a priceless treasure to the Painter community. This thread is dedicated to you, Jinny!:beer: :bowdown: :thumbsup: :love:

Mechis
12-11-2003, 03:22 AM
I've just been browsing (b/c I don't have painter... yet), but I have found Jinny's postings all over this forum and they have been very informative! Three cheers for that. Thanks! And I hope to see more of you Painter folks in the future :applause:

tayete
12-11-2003, 02:55 PM
We love you Jinny!

who tirelessly travels from one end of the internet to another, helping fellow Painter users with their range of questions. She is curteous, sweet, helpful, patient, and a priceless treasure to the Painter community.

That's the reason why I added a link of her wonderful web to mine!

DongMei
12-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Jinny is a girl?i thought it's a man's name, sorry, thank you so much for your help,i love you, Jinny!!!

Cometsoft
12-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Jinny you're the greatest! I've read your posts here and on the painter can.
Here's to great karma!:bounce:

Robert

Art2
12-12-2003, 09:36 AM
Thanks Jin

there's always need for someone like you :thumbsup:

Jinbrown
12-12-2003, 11:22 PM
Lunatique,

Thanks so much for the thread! :)

Thanks to all of you who've posted to this thread, for your appreciation and love.

It's a very nice treat, especially nice today, and I appreciate all of you very much.

You may not see so much of me for a while since my mother (whose nickname is also Jinny) is in the hospital recovering from two surgeries in the past week and a half. She's 88 years old and the recovery is slow but each day there's a little progress. Good thing she's spunky and has a great sense of humor, even now when she's very exhausted and weak.

Send your love and prayers her way too, please.

Love and hugs,

Jin (definitely not a man) ;)

Lunatique
12-15-2003, 01:46 AM
Here's to a speedy recovery! She'll be just fine with you taking care of her. :)

Jinbrown
12-16-2003, 03:36 AM
Thanks, Rob.

It's slow but sure and everyone will be relieved to get her out of the hospital and back home again where she can get well.

Hospitals are noisy! ;)

Geode
12-16-2003, 01:48 PM
Hear hear! I was pleasantly surprised to find Jinny here, having been helped by her in other more obscure Painter forums elsewhere, where not much went on at all, but she was always forthcoming with help. I would see thread after thread after thread with Jinny replying to each one, and no one ever came back to thank her, and apparently the person posting never came back to that forum at all. It must be refreshing to be in such an active forum now Jinny, and it's certainly an asset to this one to have you here.
I hope your mother is feeling better. It sucks being sick around the holidays. :=\

agflash
12-16-2003, 02:26 PM
Thank you Jin !!!
:bowdown:
Although i never asked you for any advices or questions, i noticed your name from the first time i know you, especially for your very informative, kind and very very good help. Keep it up und be sure there are always people there, who are very thankfull to you for what you are doing(even if they are silent)
And i wish all the best in the world for your mom, you are right hospitals sucks, my father could never really get out of there, only his last time he was at home but not for a long time.
Anyway thank you much more and we love you :cry:
:)

Andrew

Jinbrown
12-16-2003, 03:23 PM
Hi Geode,

I don't remember your name from other forums. Were you using another one then?

Thanks for your kind words in any case.

As happens over time, the Painter community has shifted to new locations and some of the old e-mail lists and message boards go for long periods with no activity while others are loaded with messages every day. I find plenty to do, believe me and this is not the most active Painter forum of all of them, believe it or not, though there's a good enough amount of activity here.

Thanks, too, for asking about my mother. She's making progress bit by bit each day and we're hoping she'll be leaving the hospital sometime this week. Being at home makes it much easier to recover, where everything's warm and familiar and it's quiet when you want it to be.

Happy Holidays! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.