PDA

View Full Version : Joint marking menu source...

Modulok
12-10-2003, 09:35 PM
Does anyone know where the marking menu is coming from (file name, path would be nice too) when you right click over a joint. It says "Set preferred Angle" and "Assume Preferred Angle"

It would make my day to know what MEL script this is sourcing from, I have searched for this thing for about 3 hours, and have come up empty handed. This particular menu is pissing me off and I'd like to get rid of it, or alter it but I can't find it.

Any help would be..well, helpful :p

Thanks
-Modulok-

dwalden74
12-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Yes. When you right click in the Maya UI, you are calling the buildObjectMenuItemsNow.mel script, located in the ../scripts/others folder. If something is selected, the procedure then calls dagMenuProc.mel (in the same folder), which builds the popupMenu (the menu you are asking about) based on what is selected.

:beer:
David

Modulok
12-11-2003, 05:29 PM
You rawk, David!! :thumbsup:

Thank you so much, you made me cackle a very evil laugh of sheer joy. Thanks again :)

:beer:
-Modulok-

spinlock
12-13-2003, 10:02 AM
If you know the general location of the file in question, why not let the computer do the finding for you? Here's a command line gem that has saved me over and over again...

[josh@ion Application Support]$ pwd
/Applications/AliasWavefront/maya5.0/Application Support
[josh@ion Application Support]$ find . -type f -exec grep -Hsn "Assume Preferred Angle" {} \;
./scripts/others/dagMenuProc.mel:291: menuItem -l "Assume Preferred Angle"
./scripts/others/dagMenuProc.mel:339: menuItem -l "Assume Preferred Angle"
./scripts/others/performAssumePrefAngle.mel:95: setOptionBoxTitle("Assume Preferred Angle Options");
./scripts/startup/ChaSkeletonsMenu.mel:167: menuItem -l "Assume Preferred Angle"
./scripts/startup/ChaSkeletonsMenu.mel:168: -annotation "Assume Preferred Angle: Select a joint"
./scripts/startup/ChaSkeletonsMenu.mel:173: -annotation "Assume Preferred Angle Option Box"
./scripts/startup/ChaSkeletonsMenu.mel:174: -l "Assume Preferred Angle Option Box"
./scripts/startup/defaultRunTimeCommands.mel:6319: -annotation ("Assume Preferred Angle")
./scripts/startup/defaultRunTimeCommands.mel:6325: -annotation ("Assume Preferred Angle Options")
[josh@ion Application Support]$

The nice thing about the -Hsn option to `grep` is that it'll give you the path to the file in question and the line number so you can easily track it down.

Modulok
12-13-2003, 03:25 PM
Thanks spinlock,

I will be sure to give it a try next time I have to tweak something in my UI that I can't find :)

Nice script to have
-Modulok-

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.