PDA

View Full Version : Where to hire Multicore Macs in London UK

Bill-D
01-13-2013, 08:41 AM
Hi all

I'm needing to hire 2 top of the current range of multicore macs to boost my render output
using C4d. I'm based in London UK and need the machines for 3 months.

I have been waiting to buy the long promised new desktop machine from Apple (the well known phone company) but still no date for release. My own machine is 5 years old, running
OS 10.7 (Lion)

can any body help me on hire companies in the London area? :sad:

Srek
01-13-2013, 11:03 AM
CINEMA 4D works just as well on PC as on Mac. Only if you have to use Mac specific plugins you will run into problems. If you plan to use Net Render, there is no problem to mix Win and OS X systems.
Maybe also check out a renderfarm as an alternative.

Bill-D
01-13-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks Srek for your fast response.

I have used PCs & Macs together in the past, but I noticed a distinct colour variation between the 2 different brands rendering from the same c4d file.

Regarding render farms, I prefer to watch renders as they happen, so that I can check that all the little details and fx have been turned on again after tinkering with the model.

2 12 core macs would be like christmas all over again. :drool:

regards

Bill-D

Srek
01-13-2013, 11:52 AM
Differences in colour should not occur if you view the resulting images on the same system.
Colour calibration can be very different between OS X and Windows, you realy have to compare the resulting files on the same system. Use LWF and render tor HDRI or EXR.
Also make sure to not use any video codecs for textures or results, use single frames instead. Videocodecs can give different results on different platforms.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2013, 11:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.