PDA

View Full Version : about VFX program

roopchandra
01-12-2013, 04:12 PM
hi, i've done Diploma in 3D animation and VFX in INDIA, i want to pursue higher studies in VFX in canada or New Zealand..please guide to choose the best school and program

Shesul
01-12-2013, 07:43 PM
In Canada : Vancouver Film School. But i hope you have deep pockets anyway. In this industry quality training in schools means paying big bucks. Good luck

roopchandra
01-13-2013, 04:32 AM
thank you Shesul for the advice..how about seneca college's visual effects for film and television program(VFT)...

artzolio
01-23-2013, 04:57 AM
thank you Shesul for the advice..how about seneca college's visual effects for film and television program(VFT)...

Disclose your budget, and I'm sure people can throw at you several options. Its like getting a car: you want a car because its fancy, or you want to go somewhere with it? You want to buy it in small payments, or all at once? There are so many schools and programs right now out there, that I would suggest you being more specific.

I would assume you want to get a job at Canada doing Visual Effects. At Vancouver or, New Zealand (I guess you want to work for WETA?). I think then you should then start asking what do the companies you want to work at need. Call them, ask. The worst that can happen is that you will have a bit more of information, compared to none that you have now.

VFS is a great school, but the price for a course there has gone really high. Its a great school, but for the same price you can have a great online program as Animation Mentor, plus a subscriotion to Digitaltutors.com, and Lynda, and perhaps an online mentor somewhere else.

My personal suggestion is to first determine your budget in money, and time. Then let us know what you got, and we can post something that could help you out

Cesar Montero - Surfacing Artist @ DreamWorks Animation

rufiorufio
02-12-2013, 03:57 AM
I'd say the best bang for your buck is Lost Boys - School of VFX. Do some research and you will find they produce really good student work and the student really enjoy the program.

CGTalk Moderation
02-12-2013, 03:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.