PDA

View Full Version : SCENE: Alien Canyon

stonehenge
12-10-2003, 08:05 PM
kinda disappointed that no one commented on my last post, but o well. anyway, here's something new that i did up yesterday. as the first one; modeled, textured, and renderd in Bryce4 and touched up in Photoshop.
let me know what you people think of it.

slaction
12-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Its not really that good at all. Sorry

gigatron
12-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Err, I am very disapointed in the last post.. not exactly a good welcome nor a good way to help someone.

Hmm well, I don't wish to be rude either, but that is not that great, it reminds me of the olden days when ff7 styled CG was top of the line for game cinematics..... sort of....

I would advise you switching to a more 'real' 3d package like 3dstudio max, maya or xsi.

Bryce won't get you too far :p

Also, lense flares are a very bad fiend to use in your art.. often so very frowned upon :(

stonehenge
12-10-2003, 11:14 PM
hey, i appreciate you all being honest with your opinions. (at least its a better response than before...)
gigatron: thanx for the tip on the lens flare. i'll remember that
im working on finding a time and place to download Maya's Personal Learning Edition...seeing as im on a <$50 budget. for now, Bryce is all i have to work with though.

thanx.
stonehenge

SGT.Squeaks
12-11-2003, 12:15 AM
If you want to know some great free 3d tools try wings and blender. Blender is alright, but wings is an exellent modeler. I work at a 3d animation company and everyone uses lightwave, but I still prefer wings' modeler over lightwave.

You can get blender at:

Blender (http://www.blender3d.org/)

and wings at:

Wings3d (http://www.wings3d.com)

good luck, have fun, and stick with it.

Garma
12-11-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by slaction
Its not really that good at all. Sorry

that's not nice, slaction :hmm: At least state why you don't like it.

Personally I like the colours, but the render is small. Can we see a larger one? Maybe then we can talk ;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.