PDA

View Full Version : creating nodes in expresso

ShawnFrueh
01-11-2013, 10:52 PM
How would i go about using a script to create and set up nodes in an XPresso tag? For example: create an object node connect it to a point node do that again with another object then attach one point to the other to follow. I need to do this with hundreds of vertices all in one go.

thanks!

littledevil
01-12-2013, 04:53 AM
GvNode.AddPort() is still broken in python and you will have to create output and input
ports for this. use the the search function on plugin cafe, addport is broken since maxon
added the graphview class to python and they never fixed it. however that is how it would
be done if it would work :

tag = c4d.BaseTag(c4d.Texpresso)
nm = tag.GetNodeMaster()
objNode = nm.CreateNode(nm.GetRoot(), c4d.ID_OPERATOR_OBJECT)
# broken
objPort = objNode.AddPort(c4d.GV_PORT_OUTPUT, c4d.GV_SOME_ID)

i also do not understand why you do not use an iterartor node in xpresso, at least by your
description i do not really see a reason to use python at all.

ShawnFrueh
01-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Is it broken in COFFEE? The reason for scripting this is because there's going to be hundreds of nodes created and hand attaching them will take days and be very inefficient.

And being new to Cinema how would the iteration node work? Im having a hard time finding documentation on anything.

Thanks

littledevil
01-12-2013, 07:23 PM
i am not so much into coffe, i haven't red the coffee sdk for ages, but i do not
think that the GraphView namespace is ported/wrapped in coffeee. you could
say : coffee (low access), python (medium acccess), cpp (full access). i also
do not know, if the AddPort method works properly in cpp itself.

for your second question :

http://i.imgur.com/0PAxL.gif
http://i.imgur.com/0PAxL.gif

there is also not really a documentation on xpresso for c4d. all you can do is read
the node descriptions in the help one by one, but this will only be a starting point.
you are pretty much on your own.

ShawnFrueh
01-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

littledevil
01-13-2013, 09:26 AM
i am glad i could help. if you still run into problems i might be able to offer a
direct plugin / script solution for the problem. contact me per pm for details
with a more extensive description what you actually want to do.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2013, 09:26 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.