PDA

View Full Version : Keeping a pivot point in one location

TheWriter
12-10-2003, 07:20 PM
Is there a way to keep a moved pivot point on a selection for a transformation? IT seems every time I try to transform something, the pivot point is always reset after you apply the transformation.

For example, assume I am making the 12 circle ticks on a clock. I start by making a kind of circular selection, then move the pivot point to the center of the clock, and do a rotation. The problem is every time I rotate this selection, I have to move the pivot back to the center of the clock face, before my next rotation.

Hope I explained this well.

halo
12-10-2003, 11:32 PM
in a word no....but....there maybe a workaround for your particular problem

ctrl T = transform

crtl & shift T= transform while making a copy

ctrl & shift & alt t= transform the same as the last transformation and make a copy...ie step and repeat. So this will keep your last center point and make a dupe

or you can ctrl & alt only T and get the same transform as before, but without a copy.

or use 2 guides to make the center point and snap the center to it.

any help?

TheWriter
12-11-2003, 08:58 PM
Halo yes, some of your shortcuts was exactly what I was looking for. Someday I need to re-study all the ps books again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.