PDA

View Full Version : Question about learning material on renders and shaders

vicentenog
01-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Hi guys, i was wondering if you could recommend me some books, lectures or dvds on how to create realistic shaders, lightning and renders in general, i feel like i need to improve my renders and there is much to learn. I always see photorealisti renders and absurd pieces and i dont know how to achieve these results, thanks fo the attention

PrayingMantis
01-10-2013, 01:40 PM
I can recommend you Neil Blevins at gnomon workshop, it is really clear and one of the best presented IMHO.
It has 2 part, the theory and pratice and just for that it rocks.
It will learn what to look at, how to reproduce it using different techniques.
I personnaly did some workshop and bought several books about this subject and I think this DvD is really good and has everything in it.
There is also one from Digital Tutor by Xuan prada that looks good, but Neil's DvD as everything in it.
At least more than enough to let you fly on your own.

I think if you learn how to decypher materials as he is explaining it and you learn your renderer material documentation to reproduce it you will produce great result.

If I can add a little advice of my own, don't look for shortcuts and formula. It won't help you and you won't be able to make your own shaders.
If you look at shader recipes try to decypher them and reproduce them to your own shaders, at least that's what I think.

Good luck to you.

vicentenog
01-12-2013, 04:39 AM
thanks a lot man

CGTalk Moderation
01-12-2013, 04:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.