PDA

View Full Version : Save Image As... problems

WhiteRabbitObj
12-10-2003, 04:34 PM
When I right-click and Save Image As... it always comes up as Untitled and as .bmp file type. Anyone know how to get windows to recognize the file name and type I'm trying to save? This doesn't seem to happen on all images, mostly when it is JUST the image, like if the link was www.blabla.com/sumowrestler.jpg and when you click on the link then try save it from there, it doesn't recognize it.

Also, I can't use View-> Source in I.E. I don't know if these are related problems but it occurred to me just now that I'm having that problem as well on this comp. Any help is super appreciated. Thanks.

t1t4
12-10-2003, 05:18 PM
I had this same problem about a year ago and from time to time since then.

You have run out of cash space for IE. You can clear your IE cash and/or increase the cash size. Once you do that all should return to normal.

later,

s2a-adamk
12-10-2003, 05:18 PM
Yes, I have that problem off and on. Seems like if you restart IE it will go a way for a little bit.

Best thing I figured out is to turn on the "Image toolbar". It makes kind of an annoying pop up in the corner of the image - but it is easier to save - and doesn't go to .bmp.

a

WhiteRabbitObj
12-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by t1t4
You have run out of cash space for IE. You can clear your IE cash and/or increase the cash size. Once you do that all should return to normal.

Thanks for the help guys, but what is the cashe for IE? The disk space for stored pages or what? Thanks.

singularity2006
12-10-2003, 07:21 PM
yeah, it's the space IE stores commonly viewed web page pictures and documents so if u go to the same page again, it doens't need to load the whole thing. I personally don't like it since sometimes I get old stuff refreshing on the screen when I should get new stuff. And on DSL + several windows registry modifications, bandwidth isn't an issue.

DaForce
12-11-2003, 04:44 AM
WhiteRabbit.obj:

This is all you will need
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810978

P.s. in future please use the search feature of this forum, as this topic has been covered atleast once before :-)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.