PDA

View Full Version : Character: Dragon Snake

nicooh
12-10-2003, 01:18 PM
This is my latest work. It was modeled and rendered in Blender 2.31. My aim was to develop a story where a dragon/snake mixture of an animal appears, but I'm not sure yet if works. Most people say that

a) the snake has a funny head
b) murenas don't crawl
c) dragons have wings and feet

I admit that there is something to it...

Please give me critique, but don't forget to say something nice after at least 10 bashing posts ;)

http://www.nicohagen.com/images/img/dragonsnake_cgtalk.jpg

vroom
12-10-2003, 03:31 PM
I like the modelling a lot, actually. It's a nice break frome the "standard" dragon form.

What needs improvement, IMO, is texturing. The snake could be a bit more seperated from the background, and there seems to be a lot of texture stretching going on - especially on the neck, the tail, and some trees.

kirpre
12-10-2003, 03:57 PM
I love the modeling of the dragon. I agree that the textures need a little work. It seems that the textures on the dragon and the tree are so similar that the detail runs together a little (maybe it's camoflage ;) ).

Blender is coming along very nicely as an application and how can you argue with free!

DarkHydra
12-10-2003, 04:57 PM
I like the modeling of the Dragon personally. The only critique I have is in regards to the surroundings. The trees need more texturing work. Blend on brother.

Garma
12-10-2003, 05:26 PM
hmm, I don't think the trees need work, i like the style this way. I do agree that the dragon (excellent modeling by the way) needs to be separated more from the background but I think picking a complete different base colour isn't the solution because it wouldn't be that believable since it's more logical an animal has the colour of it's surroundings (the way nature flows). I thought fixing the lighting, but that would destroy the mood. Maybe make the base colour dark green?

Oh and one thing: "dragons have wings and feet" sounds like a pretty strange suggestion. anyone ever seen one? Dragons are a fantasy creation and thus free to imagine how one likes. I strongly advice to keep it this way (especially the head) to keep it separated from the "normal" dragons.

One more thing is: why is the background whit? I would expect black..

nice piece :thumbsup:

DeadPoole
12-18-2003, 07:31 PM
It really blends into the background...maybe you intended it too? Regardless the model is pretty good but i dont see much resemblance to a dragon.

nobrain
12-18-2003, 07:42 PM
I like this image, the mood of the trees are dark despite the background light, I say add more trees, less white bg, fix the texture on the tree that the head is on, other than that I think you've got great direction, and shows a lot of potential.

cheers, and may I say excellent blender skills.

BM-Trace
12-18-2003, 07:56 PM
hmmmmm, did you do this in blender?:bounce: :bounce:

:buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.