View Full Version : Portable Tablet for daisy to laptop

CKPinson
01-04-2013, 08:21 PM
Portable Tablet for daisy to laptop:
What do you think?
Cintiq 12WX
Cintiq 22HD
or good ol Intuos 5?

I've got the Intuos- issues I have with it are the major detachment from the screen and issue of placement: i.e. on top of latop keyboard which can have a few issues.

The 12WX sounds nice but never used a Cintiq but know I would benefit from the capability.

The cintiq line would enable me to dongle it to my laptop but away from it.

12WX seems kind of outdated and still expensive- am I wrong and will the 22HD be a PITA to tow around with it although I foresee myself mostly using this setup at a desk.

Thoughts concerns...

tswalk
01-06-2013, 10:24 PM
i purchased the 22HD just before the holidays, and love it... i don't think you'ld reget getting it; however, you will not want to be taking that thing anywhere... it would be a HUGE PITA.

it is just too heavy.

Also, the stand that came with it is well... disposable. I found that I could not get the desired position i wanted with it for drawing.

I ended up purchasing a 3M 220MB monitor armature for it and mounting it to my desk. It has a full 75 degree tilt, with 13" height and nearly 2' forward movement.

If you'ld like to see it, i'll take some quick photos of it and post here...

tswalk
01-06-2013, 10:57 PM
here's a couple quick shots from my phone:

here you see i've removed the manufacturer mount, and attached it to the armature (and desk)
http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u400/tswalkbucket/22HD/WP_000358_zpsddd371d5.jpg

here is how i normally work on it, but will also raise it high enough to be able to stand while working... which is actually kinda nice.

http://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u400/tswalkbucket/22HD/WP_000362_zpsa8c005ab.jpg

tswalk
01-06-2013, 10:59 PM
but this thing is nearly over 18 lbs with the stand... i just couldn't imagine me dragging around town

CKPinson
01-07-2013, 03:00 AM
Very NICE SETUP!!! DROOOL LOL :buttrock:

I will just have to get the 22HD then and keep my intuos for the road ;)

Been doing some more sketching and Copic art- WOW, a bit rusty but getting it back LOL.

SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MY 22HD!

tswalk
01-07-2013, 03:28 AM
SO LOOKING FORWARD TO MY 22HD!

no doubt, if you're use to the Intuos (I had the 4 since it came out), you'll be loving the Cintiq...

i do recommend getting one of those smudgeguard gloves... it does make a difference, or if you got some extra spandex laying around make one yourself :P

CKPinson
01-07-2013, 02:54 PM
totally. I have the intuos 3 and already have the smudge glove. Thanx for the input! Who doesn't love to draw lol

CGTalk Moderation
01-07-2013, 02:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.