PDA

View Full Version : concept art brushes

Mechis
12-10-2003, 07:27 AM
Hi,
I seem to remember somebody posting a bunch of brushes to be used for concept art in Painter. I tried searching Cgtalk, but couldn't find anything about it and I can't remember where they were available for download.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Jinbrown
12-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Hi,

They were created by Shane Caudle for Painter 6 and you'll find them on his site at:

http://www.planetshane.com/

As far as I know, no one's managed to create these brush variants for later Painter versions, though it may be possible with Painter 8 since we now have Digital Water Colors that are similar to the Painter 6 and earlier verison Water colors on which many of these brush variants were based.

To do this, you would need to have them loaded in Painter 6 and both Painter 6 and Painter 8 running, then transfer the settings for each brush variant from Painter 6 to Painter 8, save the custom brush variant, then go to the next one and repeat the process.

It's rather tedious and time consuming, but hopefully workable.

Good luck, and if you manage to do it, let us know.

Mechis
12-10-2003, 08:35 PM
Yes. Those are the ones I was looking for. Since they were created in Painter 6, they're not usable in Painter 8?

That's really too bad. I wonder why Corel didn't make brushes backwards compatible. Are all brushes from previous versions of Painter incompatible with Painter 8?

I would try converting the brushes, but I don't have painter 6 (I'm actually hoping to buy painter 8 for Christmas!).

Thanks for the info Jin.

DongMei
12-11-2003, 08:08 PM
i recommend u not to buy pt8 if u use simplewater watercolor brush, unless u make sure u can finish your work just at one time, becuz it has a ridiculous bug which doesnt allow you continue your drawing as wet layer even if u save it as riff file.
i dont know what those programmers were thinking when they design this brush, same as layer unmergable problem, very stupid mistake!

Art2
12-12-2003, 10:31 AM
Hi,

Iezu gave me this link (thanks for that!)
There are some concept art brushes there and they only
work with Painter 8. Hope this satisfies your need.
I gave them a quick try and they looked pretty good.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/david.gell/Pages/Sandmans_Brushes.html

Mechis
12-12-2003, 04:45 PM
ooooooooooh. Thanks for sharing the link. I will definitely try those out :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.