PDA

View Full Version : PyQt To Maya Essentials Free Tutorial

cgcircuit1
12-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Hi All,

I created a tutorial on cgcircuit.com about the basic process of bringing a UI from QTDesigner to Maya.

The tutorial is free so, please help yourselves.

If you have any feedback to make the tutorial better let me know.
Also If you want me to cover other subjects in this tutorial, or to create other tutorials on PyQt let me know.

Thanks! Here is the link

QT Designer to Maya - Essentials (http://www.cgcircuit.com/lessondetailcomplete.php?val=918)

cgcircuit1
01-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Did you guys find anything to improve on or other topics you would like me to cover in future tutorials?

uiron
01-04-2013, 10:52 PM
The only feedback so far would be to reduce level of spamming promoting your website.

cgcircuit1
01-04-2013, 11:28 PM
The only feedback so far would be to reduce level of spamming promoting your website.

Hey uiron, sorry you think I am spamming, that is not the case at all. I just received a lot of requests to make a basic PyQt Intro tutorial and and I am trying to get some feedback in order to make it better and how to add to it. That's all.

Cheers.

EightBit
01-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Looks like it could be good but the videos don't load in their entirety - for example, only 1 minute of the last video loads when 'play' is clicked. Also, the example file is not available.

thematt
01-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Looks like it could be good but the videos don't load in their entirety - for example, only 1 minute of the last video loads when 'play' is clicked. Also, the example file is not available.

same here :/ too bad, seems really cool.

nookie
01-05-2013, 11:58 AM
You just need to register and log in. It is free and then they'll load entirely.
I had the same problem xD

sauzer
01-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Yes, right now you have to create an account. I was planning on putting these videos on YouTube as well.

Thanks!

Carlo

(sorry about the confusion with the account name. I finally found my old cgtalk account and I am using this instead.)

JayHoo
01-07-2013, 09:26 AM
After I have registered I still cannot see more than one minute of a video. I also get some nasty alerts that I have to add a paypal account and an image of mine. :curious:

sauzer
01-07-2013, 05:50 PM
After I have registered I still cannot see more than one minute of a video. I also get some nasty alerts that I have to add a paypal account and an image of mine. :curious:

Sorry about that, we are working on removing that message, Paypal is how users get paid when selling content.

As for playing back the Tutorial... when you log in, did you add the tutorial to your lessons by pressing the orange button Add to My Lessons?

JayHoo
01-08-2013, 07:44 AM
I have not done that. I will try to click on "add".

bazuka
01-09-2013, 05:01 PM
great work amigo, i hope will see more of these things soon

keep the good work

cheers ;)

sauzer
01-09-2013, 05:37 PM
great work amigo, i hope will see some more of these things soon

keep the good work

cheers ;)

I am almost done recording another tutorial. It covers how to create animation controls that are good for production rigs and of course I use PyQt to create a UI that helps pulling shapes for the animation controls from an xml library as well as adding new curves to the library.

I hope to finish it in a week or 2. Unfortunately I am super busy at work, so not a lot of time to record :)

Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
01-09-2013, 05:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.