PDA

View Full Version : Decision making is hard ...Need Suggestions/Ideas

narayan25
12-24-2012, 02:30 AM
I am a final year IT student ,who is passionate about arts and VFX .The reason I did my UG in IT was to set a backup(having a degree in hand guarantees a job) .And also my parents were not aware of Animation&VFX at that time. Recently I got hired by a renowned IT company that will be paying me around Rs.30k/month ($600). I am thinking of doing MFA in Academy of Arts . But my parents are insisting me to work in order to gain exposure and experience . I don't see myself as someone in the IT field , All I want to do is arts and to work in the VFX industry . It is not a do/die situation for me to work in IT ,but my parents feel that I have to work and find out whether to stay in IT or move on to Animation. My views on myself says that I can work to the fullest only in Arts and not in IT . While I am applying for my MFA (fall-2013) , I will be receiving my job call letter by July2013.
Its hard to make a decision by myself . please help me out .I am 21.

Matts77
12-26-2012, 11:08 AM
I was in the same boat you were in. I recently graduated from an IT school and went to work for an engineering firm. I hated going to work because my passion is engineering, but mainly automotive diagnostics and simulation. I ended up leaving 4 months short of my contract to pursue an engineering degree. I never regretted my decision, and I didn't care about my contract, because walking into a job that I couldn't stand and being surrounded by people who are doing what they loved just made me envious. Yes, I took the job because I wanted experience and yes, it gave me a lot of exposure to other firms who were more than willing to hire me, but I wasn't passionate about my job. A passionate employee is far better than an experienced employee.

narenn
12-29-2012, 06:35 PM
If you already know you want to do something else, don't waste time on the current job. You will not moving sooner. AAU has a strong program. What exactly do you want to do? Do you know yet?

CGTalk Moderation
12-29-2012, 06:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.