PDA

View Full Version : New Design

tinitus
12-09-2003, 09:46 PM
okay.I just found this category of the cg talk forum seconds ago and I just thought that I would be nice if I could improve my new design with the help of your critics
so its a pretty earlie WIP and so don't think it's that much to show
www.dreamslikereality.de.tk/test.htm

mmProj
12-10-2003, 12:05 PM
i love your site .. transitions... colours... theme.... all looks great to me !... good work.

3 crits.

1: i think there is no need for it to go full screen .... especially if you dont warn people that it will go full screen ..... but given the size of your swf .... it'd be great just to have it in a simple html page.

2: i had trouble reading your font.... maybe abit too small.

3: i reckon it would be greet to have some kind of random cool image come up in your main window there.... like you have the grass with a green....... then maybe an orange....... then red... then blue then purple highlighted pics.

tinitus
12-10-2003, 04:35 PM
oh thx..but

1. there is a javascript resizing the window to the exactly size of the swf.so if you use Iexplorer 6.0 or higher ít could be better

2.hm yeah.I know that problem...there is a dynamic text and I don't know how to write a script to install this font on every computer connecting to this site!

3.is in progress...and it will be animated :)

Protoplasma
12-11-2003, 08:50 AM
first of all the site is quite good. there aree some nice ideas implemented in but nothing breathtaking new. it reminds me of a 2advanced module.
re 1: i know that its hard to work without any plugins or additional scripts but a windows resize script via js should also work with lower ie versions and other browsers.
re 2: well i am quite happy about the fact that a hp can`t install fonts to my system. think about if every webmaster want`s to install an own font, would you permit that ? and most parts of text in a swf file should show up correctly nevertheless the font is installed or not.
keep it up ;-)

speC
12-11-2003, 09:41 AM
i think if you keep in mind
which people should be atracted
by this side, it is rather ok
that theres nothing breathtaking new.
Kant would agree. and i personal
like your page.

fonts:
just a thought
create an empty "font symbol" in the
library.(don't forget to make it accesible for AS)
than create a txtfield with AS and
define a new TextFormat()
i never tried it!
so i am not sure it will work.

spEc

lestdog
12-11-2003, 10:12 AM
nice start. I'm not quite understanding whats up with the full screen mode. I read your thoughts, but still don't get it. One very important rule is that your site should work on most browsers or as many as possible and believe me there is always a solution. Now you say that it supposed to work on IE6 but it's going full screen for me.

But The thing about full screen mode is, some people like it and some people hate it. However nobody complains about a site just coming up in normal mode. For example, I don't believe too many people looks at site in normal mode and says to themself, "hey this site would be better if it fills up my whole f'n screen"!

The design looks good, but does have a lot of the 2advanced stuff going on there and for god sake get rid of the arrows... Everyone has used these arrows as a design element and any site that features the 90 degree arrow is now type cast into that style. Gotta lose that and come up with a more creative solution.

ANyway you got talent, and you have strong start keep it up.

tinitus
12-11-2003, 02:38 PM
okay first THX for every comment...I'll try my best!
and here
this is how it looks when the script works!

http://www.dreamslikereality.de.tk/resiescript.jpg

hei protoplasma

rere1:I'm using java scripts for years and I don't get it why this one isn't working on every computer!so...I'll keep thinking of it and will make it different!

rere2:so I just meant that I don't know how to make a dynamic text field use a noninstalled script!

so spec

thanks for the thoughts I'll test it!

to lestdog

the idea of the fullscreen resizing script is this breathtaking new idea I wanted to embed in my new site...
on of the next ideas will be a advanced menu system...its not that special but hey...there aren't that much really good ideas left!
In my opinion 2advanced is the most popular and interesting website company but if you think of it nearly every design technique and style is comparably with a 2advanced menu!!!
these menu-building-animations are just basic styles for every futuristic design websites so you have to develope a totally new webart to show something really new or be so talanted that you have really groundbreaking ideas!
so what did you meant with these arrows?I never saw arrows like these on other sites but hey it was just an idea.so I'll delete them!

lestdog
12-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Hey don't take the crits too hard my friend, especially mine, I only crit stuff on cg talk that I like. It's just that I want help people who are trying hard such as yourself. If it's crap, I don't even bother with it.

As far as the 90 degree arrow, yeah it's used alot, And I mean a lot. You shouldn't have to go far to find other sites, linkdup.com or newstoday.com should feature a few. Linkdup has been dorment for so long now but anyway.

2advanced is good, even though I'm sick of seeing eric jordan and his zoolander pozes all the time... but yeah he too has stole a lot stuff from guys like gmunk.com so yes, you do have to borrow things sometimes...

But just let us be an encouragement to you because you got something good going there, let us help make it even better.

actually check some of the sites that we have done, we never use the a full screen script frankly because none of our clients ever like them.. check out the dave mirrahttp://www.riseinteractive.com

tinitus
12-11-2003, 09:51 PM
hei lestdog
I'm very sorry if you thought I were angry or something like this.
In my opinion internet is very unpersonal way to communicate.because you don't even know how the other person wanted it to say especially if sarcasm is used!
so everything I wanted to tell you is what I wanted to show...
and I'm very happy about all these critics becaus I think that it will be really helpful to me...
thx for the websites!didn't know them before!!!
I think except 2advanced derbauer and jaijin I don't know good webdesign sites!

hey you have a pretty good style.first but : the dave mirra site seems to be down...
second but: I know its kind of really professional but not what I want to do!I love fast building menu with a lot of seperatet lines...building some geometry and disappearing after a while...
I'm not that fan of this "next frame next image" style shown in gmunk.com!
HEI its REALLY amazing but not my style...
at the end I think I don't even know my style and I'm just on the way to find it.but in this time I try to earn some money to finance my future study.especially I think that there are a lot of people searching someon to make a good website and it's not that necessary to have found his own feeling of art if you develop with 3-5 other designers a page in which conditions are given!

so please don't missunderstand me.I'm pretty glad of your answeres and please keep it up to help me!!
greetings

tinitus
12-11-2003, 09:54 PM
UHHH when I said good website I did'nt mean that I make good website...I just wanted to tell that these people are searching someone who can do this better than they can!so I think everythink with a little bit more color could be better...hmm...
hmmm.hard to tell what I think!

Maxx
12-12-2003, 12:32 AM
To use a specific font (non-system, of course...) in a dynamic text field, you've gotta embed the font in the .swf. While you're setting up the text field, you'll see the "Character..." button on the properties pallete. Click it and choose "All characters", or only the subset you know will be used from the full font. This should take care of it for you - it doesn't install the font, but it basically creates outlines on the fly.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.