PDA

View Full Version : houdini vs realflow & krakatoa

azinjanati
12-22-2012, 08:37 AM
hi every one.i am lately working with realflow and krakatoa and i see them very usefull but realflow is very slow in simulation and doesnt seem to have a good way to make it quicker...now i wonder if its better for me to learn houdini for particle generation and rendering or i just dont know enough about realflow and krakatoa and the better ways of simulations?i want to choose one to learn professionaly.considering that im working for my self and im not using several PCs to render or simulate i wonder which one is better for me?and also which one has more options and can get more realistic results?ofcourse my PC is not a bad one at all but still one & too slow...

-Sai-
01-06-2013, 12:52 AM
What a loaded question.
Learning software is only half the battle.
How is your artistic,creative and problem solving skills?
In terms of choosing software , pick Houdini if you want to learn in and out of 3d and become a well rounded fx artist.

mr Bob
01-06-2013, 08:30 AM
hi every one.i am lately working with realflow and krakatoa and i see them very usefull but realflow is very slow in simulation and doesnt seem to have a good way to make it quicker...

I think you really need to actually learn some more about how data is handled in each application . It really does depend on what your end goal is. If you want to be an rounded FX td certainly look at Houdini. Go over to the Sidefx forum and introduce yourself ! .

B

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2013, 08:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.