PDA

View Full Version : Keyable handles...anyone.?

trybul
06-16-2002, 06:56 AM
I have a Client who wants keyable handles on the front and end of the 3D segments that I deliver to them. They are asking fo rthe segments in uncompressed quicktime format, for use on an avid station. WHAT THE #@## ARE KEYABLE HANDLES? and are they done in combustion or are they a QT thing? If anyone knows can you let me in on this little secret so i don't look like an idiot in my conference call with the bigwigs.....First real gig don't want to screw it up.. :)

Thanx

Trybul

wireFrame
06-17-2002, 06:44 AM
Hmmm, obviously it's not a quicktime thing 'coz you can't animate anything in Quicktime! It's not a regular online/compositing term I encounter.

Keyable handles... hmmm... it might be:

1. rendered tracking points
2. masked portion or rendered garbage mask/matte
3. shape animation of the mask(?)

The best thing is to ask your client what he specifically wants 'coz honestly, you have problem with his terms ( I too don't understand that). It's better to ask than to deliver him the wrong thing.

Here in our company, I specifically ask them what they want and if I didn't understand it, I clear to them if what I'm thinking is what they wanted. I'd probably ask our project coordinator to ask that for me though. :shrug:

wireFrame
06-17-2002, 06:47 AM
Another analisys is that they wanted:

4. heads and tails i.e. of the segment that they can slip for editing

That's all and good luck!

wireFrame
06-17-2002, 06:54 AM
Handles in Inferno term is the number of frames that are assigned to the clip that the machine is gonna grab from the source tape (d1, digibeta, umatic, etc.)

If keyable handles is his term then it might also be:

5. heads and tails that can be keyed out or dropped out.

--Meaning, it's your 3d segment has heads and tails (front and back as his term) that has a matte/mask so they can slip it in the editing machine (avid). This is my best analysis of your dilemma.

Good luck!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.