PDA

View Full Version : Mainframe Losses Widen in Second Quarter

RobertoOrtiz
12-09-2003, 08:35 PM
Quote:
"The Company recorded revenues for the second quarter of $1.8 million compared to revenues of $7.0 million in second quarter of last year. The Company recorded a net loss of $2.4 million or $0.14 per share for the second quarter ended September 30, 2003, compared to a loss of $1.0 million or $0.06 per share for the same period last year.

For the six months ended September 30, 2003 the Company delivered seven television episodes and one direct-to-video/DVD compared to one television episode and one direct-to-video/DVD in the same period last year. From these deliveries, revenue increased to $11.6 million in the six months ended September 30, 2003 from $7.5 million in the same period last year. Consequently the net loss decreased to $1.9 million or $0.11 per share for the six months ended September 30, 2003 from $4.9 million or $0.29 per share for the same period last year."

The company is currently working on a fourth Barbie feature for Mattel and a one-hour Popeye special for Fox.'

>>Press Release<< (http://www.mainframe.ca/mainframe/pressreleases/current/2003_11_28.html)

-R

Gnome
12-10-2003, 05:18 PM
I really dont know how Mainframe has managed to stay afloat all these years. It seems odd that they can develop successful properties yet continue to lose money. Reboot, Beast Wars: Transformers, Beast Machines:Transformers, the Barbie movies, Action Man was pretty cool, and hell, even Shadow Raiders/War Planets was decent. Why the eternal sucking chest wound?

I feel sorry for my buds still working there, and hope that the hammer doesn't come down on them as it has on a lot of the other people I know.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.