PDA

View Full Version : Online courses, have you tried one?

Silje
12-20-2012, 07:38 AM
Hey!

Apparently I'm just not cut out for "regular" studying, working and earning money is more my kind of thing. Luckily, that doesn't rule out learning stuff on my own, or with a little help, and I'm currently checking out different online courses considering wether to spend the money or not.

So, has anyone here tried any online courses? There are several interesting courses here at the cgsociety, and I've also been looking at Bobby Chiu's Schoolism.com. Are there any other schools you wanna recommend? Any kind of (short, 4-14 weeks) 2Dclasses is what I'm after, but if you've had a 3D course you can still tell a little bit about how it was, was the feedback any good, just in general thoughts on online coursing.

All feedback is highly appreciated!

-Silje

AJ1
12-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Hey man,

I don't know of many art classes, but If your after maths and programming, check out some of the links in my sig. Coursera might have some stuff that interest you.

-AJ

FloydBishop
12-23-2012, 03:48 AM
It depends upon what you want to study, what kind of equipment you have, and what your motivation is. I've seen great stuff come from students of online schools, and I've seen horrid stuff come from students of traditional brick and mortar schools. You need to be motivated more than a traditional student if you want to succeed with online education.

I don't know if I can recommend the classes that I'll be teaching in January, due to forum policy. If not, please delete this post :blush:

rufiorufio
02-12-2013, 03:03 AM
Digital Tutors and FXPHD have some decent online training. I'd check them out.

alredha
02-26-2013, 05:35 AM
Hi AJ1, coursera.org (https://www.coursera.org/) Rocks!! .... and free? how is that!!

AJ1
02-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Hi AJ1, coursera.org (https://www.coursera.org/) Rocks!! .... and free? how is that!!

Hey man,

Most of the major universities provide content and money to Coursera in exchange for information for research purposes. So basically the whole thing is a big research project into on-line learning. :shrug:

-AJ

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2013, 03:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.