PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Commando

Bahlswede
06-16-2002, 06:35 AM
A model I made for a personal project of mine is a WIP so crit away.

http://www.digital-ba.com/graphics/commando_big.jpg

Whirlwind
06-16-2002, 07:36 PM
I'm really fond of the style of your character. As far as my crit goes, most of my comments are more personal preference, but some may be relevent, depending on where you plan on going with your model.
I think proportionally the model is fine, you have a great style going, I wouldn't want to ruin it. My only comment for that is maybe the hands should be alittle bit bigger to compinsate for the large feet. Only for aesthetic reasons. Your character looks alittle strange and I think the larger hands would help.
You textureing is fine, though maybe a little more detail in the pants and on the metal section of your boots would help take away from the flatness of those areas. Another thing I've noticed is the texture on the shoulders stretches down too far. Your character seems to have no bi's and tri's. Though you seemed to have modeled it. Take a look at bobo's website. -www.bobotheseal.com- and go into his temp folder, then into help. He has a good texture of an arm to look at for reference.
I'm very interested in seeing how this model progresses. Keep up the good work, and post some wireframes. That would also help people on the crits.
-D

Bahlswede
06-16-2002, 08:49 PM
Thanks Whirlwind I will try a few things and repost the mesh with wire frames. I am glad you like my style the bigger hands could be what is making him look a little silly. :D

Sinistar83
06-18-2002, 08:43 AM
Looks great! I checked out your website and your animations are pretty good too. Is he going to be going into a new game or a mod for a game?

Bahlswede
06-18-2002, 02:21 PM
he may be in a game. I say may because it would just be a pitch more than a definite thing. However I would really like him to be :bounce:

turtos
06-22-2002, 07:19 AM
How long did u take to do a model like that?

Bahlswede
06-24-2002, 03:25 PM
around 4 to 8 hours

turtos
06-25-2002, 10:08 AM
Wow, thats fast... U must be a pro...
If i can do that in 10 hours, I'll be jumping ard...:rolleyes:
Thanks...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.