PDA

View Full Version : Quadro Or Gtx

awsalli
12-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Hi everyone,

I'am using 3ds max,maxwell,realflow and Thinking particles.Can you give more detailed information about the GTX 680 and quadro 4000?Which one should I buy?Which one do I get better performance?

My System

i7 970
asus rampage extreme
12 gb ram
Gtx 275 graphic card

Dizaynator
12-20-2012, 08:27 PM
GTX Cuda cores 1536 :buttrock:
Q 4000 Cuda cores 256

CKPinson
12-20-2012, 11:04 PM
use search and see the millions of times this was brought up.

Faster at gaming to be specific- but for 3d Quadro will trump.

ThE_JacO
12-20-2012, 11:51 PM
use search and see the millions of times this was brought up.

Faster at gaming to be specific- but for 3d Quadro will trump.
A search would probably tell him the opposite of what you just stated :)

My GTX670 at home is by a long shot faster than my quadros at work have ever been, and I don't mean for games, but it's perfectly possible to make either card kneel down and die in selected cases.

This has been debated so much and with so little conclusive proof that doesn't seem to be personal, that probably the best thing for anybody to do, at this point, is to find a shop with a good return policy and personally try both for your selected applications and use cases, and return the one that performs, but most importantly "feels", worse.

A number of people on this forum could argue this one from either side convincingly, and you'd still be nowhere in the end.

Personally, I've found quadros disappointing for years now, and while I heard all the horror storeis and myths (and some not so mythical truths) about gtx being crippled after the 4xx gen, I can't say I haven't experienced it in person with the 670 after a careful choice of brand, drivers and settings, while a 5xx I had on loan was an awful piece of crap across the whole spectrum of professional applications no matter what I did (but I suspect it was down to drivers in the window of time I was sampling that contributed the most to that).

It's rather silly that for something that should be objective and unquestionable such as hardware one has to recommend to try and buy what "feels" better, but that's what nVIDIA constant muddling of the water, artificial rebranding and price upstepping of quadros, and muddling/crippling geforces has got it to.

CGTalk Moderation
12-20-2012, 11:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.