PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 2

turtos
06-16-2002, 05:07 AM
Anyone plays diablo here? Thats not the main thing...

But can anyone help me by telling me how I can model stuff like that?:wip:

Jhonus
06-16-2002, 07:40 AM
well, being good with Maya won't help that much.

I'd say having a good design sense is more fundamental to making good characters.

turtos
06-16-2002, 04:21 PM
I agree fully..
But i need to know some help cos I'm doing this for a project in my school in order to pass...
That's why I'm asking...
Heheheheheh....

chromeus
06-26-2002, 03:31 AM
d2 is not a true 3d game. it's all sprite based, although it IS modeled and textured in 3d. it's just rendered out and the frames are cycled just like normal. since there is no hardware rendering going on, your only limitation is your computer specs and your imagination :)

DrAdamDinosaur
06-27-2002, 07:51 AM
I remember ages ago gamasutra.com did a postmortum on Diablo 2. In the article it showed a few pics of wire frames and shaded views for a few of the characters. They look way different up close. if you go to www.gamasutra.com adn search through the archives you may be able to find it. Good luck.

turtos
06-27-2002, 10:51 AM
Hey, thx a lot... U guys ever did something similar like that? It will be good if I can have a reference. :thumbsup:

So u are saying that the characters are created with a standard set of actions so they are simply repeating itself? Did I get u correct? :lightbulb

mudgift
06-27-2002, 11:29 AM
u dont seem to know a lot from 3d game ( and 3d in general)...
i'm not a pro neither ( and if one want to correct me he 's welcome ) but in general , almost all the anims from a game are loop of cycles , ( walking , turning left , swinging a blade) .when some other " movement " seems to be more control from the engin :like pointing a gun at an ennemy ,bleeding, clothes movements (ex;the bandana from metal gear solid 2 )....

you should practice more your drawing and your concepts BEFORE the 3d world( or side by side but the drawing is really important) ..for me , i took art courses and i found a book on concept devlopement ...i suggest you to do those things ...

:applause: :bounce: :thumbsup:

chromeus
06-27-2002, 08:06 PM
that's right, the character animation is all cycles. most games have LOTS of cycles too. for instance you can have idle cycle, idle to walk, idle to run, idle to jump, walk to run, run to walk, walk to jump, etc. that's something as basic as mario, if you start throwing weapons and moves in, you're talking about a lot of cycles.

turtos
06-28-2002, 02:36 AM
No joke that I'm a newbie... That's why I'm gathering as much info and tutorials to help me get familar with 3d and MAYA before my school starts...:hmm:

Yes, and I understand that it is all cycles that we are talking about. Thx. Guess I'll have to do more paperwork first then...:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.