PDA

View Full Version : Temporary Schooling Question (NY area) - please help, guys!

Lavian
12-18-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi guys,

In the past, everyone here has been very helpful to me, so I was hoping for some more sound advice from the kind people on this forum.

I'm a Canadian in NYC and wanted to start a career in 3D animation. I don't even know if I must first learn 2D at this point, or if I can just jump into Maya fresh, but 3D is the ultimate goal (to work in film, TV, or advertising).

As I said, I'm living in NYC, and am in desperate need to know which schools here (or close by) would be worth going to, not terribly expensive, and most of all: offering F1 student visas.

To top that off, I might be relocating after the first semester, to LA, so I'd be going for at least 1 semester, and at most, the entire program's worth--whatever program I end up going to.

My main questions are a) what would you do in my situation and b) is there a plan you could suggest for me (ie someone who has no background in animation or computer graphics, who wants to do 3D for movies/tv/ads)?

I apologize for sounding like a newbie, and don't mean to come across as helpless etc, but this is how I'm feeling and I know the people here know what's going on, so I'm asking in hopes you guys can steer me in the right direction.

Thank you very much for your time and any help you can contribute.

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2012, 07:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.