PDA

View Full Version : select Renderer Engine....

at2142
12-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Hi all
I want to start a 13-part animation project.
in select a Renderer Engine please help me.
such Renderman Pixar powerful and fast.
i selected Vray 2.0 for my project .i worked with Vray and MentalRay and Brazil renderer.
the best of 3d animation is Pixar Ratatouille.which rendered with Renderman.
but i live in Iran......so i do not use Renderman or Arnold and etc
All power in my render farm is ....400 Ghz
i think Maxwell is very slow?
is Basically render an animation production with Vray?

at2142
12-19-2012, 04:59 AM
Please answer my question.......

Panupat
12-19-2012, 06:49 AM
Because no one can choose it for you... seriously. We know nothing about your team nor the requirement of your project. So choose whatever your team is *already* good at.

Yes PRMAN is great but if you have no shader writer, no team of TDs to troubleshoot, no pipeline established, you won't get good results out of it. It's not an easy renderer to use.

at2142
12-19-2012, 08:02 AM
ok and thanks for you attention.
my have a very small studio!!!
my team: on person working on story,on person working on art department and Directing
tow person working on 2d work such as concept ant character design,tow person working on the character modeling,rigging and animation,
and in the end i work on shading and rendering and composting.....
my question is what do get best result with Vary?Basically it is possible?
Vray is renderer for Design and Architectural Visualization but renderman for all purpose.
what i do render animation (Comedy,Fantasy) with Vray?
If it is possible,answer my question...
thanks.

yogeshsherman
12-20-2012, 02:24 AM
If you and your team is comfortable with Vray go for it but if you want to invest money on a new raytrace renderer Arnold would be a better choice. If your project has lot of furry creatures etc. my suggestion would be go for renderman like PRman,3delight or Mayaman.
MentalRay for Maya isn't bad either if your know how to optimise and work with it.
There is no out of box solution which will help you unless you know your requirements.

at2142
12-20-2012, 05:12 AM
Unfortunately we working with 3ds Max (2013 or 2013)!!
and not available renders such as renderman,3delight,arnold
all renderer which available for max is MentalRay,Vray,Maxwell,Brazil,Arion,Octaine,FinalRender and etc
i must select of this group.
i need Speed and Power for render Hair and Fur and GI and etc.

scrimski
12-20-2012, 10:02 AM
Vray is renderer for Design and Architectural Visualization but renderman for all purpose.Complete BS.

what i do render animation (Comedy,Fantasy) with Vray??

If it is possible,answer my question...
It's the user, not the software that creates results.

If you need speed, then Maxwell isn't an option.
Brazils is not gonna be developed further so there's no version for 3ds max 2013.
https://www.caustic.com/splutterfish/index.html

Stick with mental ray or VRay, there are plenty of resources for them.

And don't use black text on a gray background, it's hard to read.

CHRiTTeR
12-21-2012, 09:17 PM
400mhz?? Id recommend just to use scanline render then ;)

at2142
12-22-2012, 05:36 AM
hi
no, excuse me,400 GHZ
10 sever HP Z800 with Zeon 4 core Cpu.

EduardoMC
12-22-2012, 05:58 AM
I'd go with VRay, there's a number of studios already using it for their productions (yes, including fantasy, sci-fy, etc). It is also quite versatile, it has a ton of render passes included and it has lots of goodies like IES lights and VRayRT (progressive real-time preview of your scene for lookdev). Not to mention, I believe you get around 10 render nodes included with a single license.

Another option is to ask for an evaluation license of the new RMS4. It has a ton of improvements for plausible shading and lighting, plus it is a lot friendlier than previous versions. It is still not quite as friendly and plug-and-play as VRay, though.

Speaking of which, is Maxwell still abysmally slow for most animation work? (Meaning you have 3-5 machines for DR tops) I love some of the images it outputs, and some of the animations they've been able to create with it (Alma). Its accuracy is gorgeous but I don't know if they have lowered the render times enough to switch from VRay to it.

CGTalk Moderation
12-22-2012, 05:58 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.