PDA

View Full Version : character: icarus

syko
12-09-2003, 04:03 PM
Hi,

I am a new member, and I wanted to know the feeling of being exposed on cgtalk. This is a work made for a contest on internet with Lightwave. The theme was "Icarus". I didn't win the competition but I'm sure you guys would have probably done.

Hope you like it.
Your comments are very welcome.

Syko

http://sylvain.magne.free.fr/icarus-syko.jpg

anoe_nomus
12-09-2003, 06:18 PM
interesting, interesting indeed:thumbsup:
i think the lighting could be much better.
the darkness takes way from the details, and it looks like u have a good deal of detail in this comp.
gr8 job overall:bowdown:

syko
12-10-2003, 08:13 AM
thanks a lot for your comment,

I think I made the picture too much blured which made the details disappear.
I think something in the background would have added some deepness to the picture as well.

I'll think about that next time !

cheers

kingouto
12-10-2003, 11:30 AM
Grrreat!

I think the blur works just fine inside the sphere.
I would probably just sharpen everything outside it and
add some sharper reflections on the sphere also.
You are absolutely right about the background.

Keep up the good work!

Manwich
12-10-2003, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure but didn't icarus make his wings out of honey and feathers of something and then flew too close to the sun which melted the gluey substance causing him to fall to his death??

just a thought if that is the sprouting of wings on its back?

Manwich

syko
12-10-2003, 04:39 PM
My idea was to rethink the myth of icarus and to apply it to the modern world.
If the fall of icarus is a symbol to show the danger in trying to go too far, too soon, then my icarus says to be carefull with playing with genes. What would be a genetically modified human born with wings? What are the limits of our scientific games ?

But I don't condamn necessarily genes modification in general !
That's why the picture doesn't look too dramatic despite the darkness and the "fire color" light.

Syko

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.