PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld developing CGI movie

kilikili
12-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Article is small, but this is

What they said:

"Marking his first major project since he retired his top-rated NBC sitcom in 1998, Jerry Seinfeld will write, produce and star in Bee Movie, a CGI-animated feature for DreamWorks. Seinfeld has begun writing and he will voice the male lead bee."

More >>> (http://comingsoon.net/news.php?id=2636)

-Kilikili

EdHarriss
12-09-2003, 03:51 PM
That is fantastic news. I've always been a huge fan of Seinfeld. I wonder if any of the other characters from the show will be in it. I'd really like to see some of the old jokes brought back to life. Sort of like the "Bob and Doug McKenzie" characters in Brother Bear.

Edge
12-09-2003, 03:52 PM
Wow, when I first read the subject op this thread, I thought they were gonna create 3D characters of the Seinfeld series... :p

This sounds like a promising development, considering the fact that Seinfeld to me is still one of the best comedies ever made.
Jerry Seinfeld can write comedy like no other.

Cheers.

godeus25
12-09-2003, 04:35 PM
true seindfeld is funny as hell. but I dont really know how well he's going to do with out george and elaine. his stand up stuff is to me only so so. funny, but not as funny as the show was. I don't think he's written anything else not related to seinfeld.

Flo
12-09-2003, 04:49 PM
wow ! great news !!!

Neil
12-09-2003, 10:57 PM
Ok, instead of starting a new thread on this, can i just chime in?

Where is the Seinfeld DVD box set? I haven't heard anything about it... why not?
It's not like it's risky, they could sell these faster than they can make it, and i've already seen newer and worse shows on DVD than Seinfeld.

Array
12-09-2003, 11:16 PM
"What is the DEAL with the south hive these days? It's like all of the old bees go there to retire!"

Ha, love the Seinfeld. What kind of a name is Gak anyway? "I think it's dutch."

Valkyrien
12-10-2003, 04:18 AM
yay Seinfeld!

and the Box sets probably are stalled because the actors want way too much in royalties for them and they'd have to charge us $100 an episode:p

Neil
12-10-2003, 05:22 AM
but the FRIENDS boxsets are out there, and those bastards make millions an episode each? :shrug:

erilaz
12-10-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Neil
but the FRIENDS boxsets are out there, and those bastards make millions an episode each? :shrug:

I think they're still making a crapload on reruns.... maybe.

It's good to see Seinfeld is back into the writing thing. Great comedian.:D

roger
12-10-2003, 05:51 AM
WOW - PDI is sure looking to be the "next" Pixar! :wip:

Dirtystimpy
12-10-2003, 05:55 AM
"I think they're still making a crapload on reruns.... maybe."

they are, from people like me. I never watched it while it was on,

now it seems like i can't fall alseep w/out watching an episode

mattregnier
12-10-2003, 02:55 PM
The animated seinfeld series, now that would be sweet. Someone get started on that, cartoony looking caricatures, and the dialog/storyboards would already be there, i mean just tape an episode and pick one to redo in 3D. That should be some huge collaborative project :) Or just take some of the seinfeld greats and redo them in 3D. The close talker, the hand modeling episode, george with no shirt on, i mean the possibilities are endless...

Kramer in 3d would just be teh uber!

dmeyer
12-10-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Ok, instead of starting a new thread on this, can i just chime in?

Where is the Seinfeld DVD box set? I haven't heard anything about it... why not?
It's not like it's risky, they could sell these faster than they can make it, and i've already seen newer and worse shows on DVD than Seinfeld.

Maybe they are working on a single box set... "uber-mega-ridiculous champtionship edition platiunum z28" box set of all 12 (or however many) season. It's 84 discs, $699, and takes up three feet on your bookshelf.

:buttrock:

Flo
12-10-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by mattregnier
The animated seinfeld series, now that would be sweet.

Kramer in 3d would just be teh uber!

naw ...why do it 3d , when you have the real guys ??
I guess it`s something completely different than the show.

-F

PhilOsirus
12-10-2003, 05:52 PM
I don't know how you Americans can love Seinfeld so much. The show always looked like it had been attacked by the color-eating monster. I can't stand black & white movies and anything in between b&w and color.

eirenicon
12-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Phil "Osirus"
I don't know how you Americans can love Seinfeld so much. The show always looked like it had been attacked by the color-eating monster. I can't stand black & white movies and anything in between b&w and color.

Err... I guess it was a little desaturated, but not really. But it could be black and white and it wouldn't make a difference, it's quality comedy.

Neil
12-10-2003, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by Phil "Osirus"

Are you sure it wasn't your TV or the broadcast?

PhilOsirus
12-11-2003, 05:56 AM
No it was really the show. But being colorful would have changed nothing in the end, look at Friends.:drool: <----VOMIT

wgreenlee1
12-11-2003, 11:51 AM
he is coming here to my town this month.....the tickets are like $89....they were sold out the first day they went on sale....

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.