PDA

View Full Version : Bin Cache, expresso and pspin

jForsgren
12-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Hi, I have a bin cache file that i want to play with in expresso, I would love how make it align on veloctiy but for now just a random spin would do. As far as i can tell i've set it all up as i should. But still when i render the particles the orientation is all zeroed out Am I missing something?

I guess it can be that the render instance is a static mesh that cant be spinned around, but i cant get the pshape to render. the binLoader rendertype seems to override the pshape :(

littledevil
12-16-2012, 01:30 PM
just use a PAlignment node set to Type: Direction of Travel to align your particles. if this doesn't work you have to provide more informations about the setup, which data are provided by the bin cache and where it does come from.

jForsgren
12-16-2012, 02:12 PM
Doesnt seem to work :(
The cache comes from XSI, and as far as I can tell you cant write out anything but a set of predefined attributes, but velocity is one of them and I've written it out. And thats about it...

Edit: Solved it with copy paste from a Tp preset sceen. Must have overlooked something. For now its good enough that it works and renders.

jForsgren
12-16-2012, 04:44 PM
But it still renders with no orientation :(

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2012, 04:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.