PDA

View Full Version : Interactive Anatomy Tutorial Game? *nudity*

Requiemsvoid
12-15-2012, 11:27 PM
Hiya,

Not sure this is the right sub-form.. but since I don't really know which program is best suited for my "idea" ~ I figured this was prolly the best place to post it.

Anywho, I've been mulling over creating a new anatomy "game" for use in conjunction with an upcoming tutorial on my youtube channel.

However, I've not got much experience with After Effects, Flash, or really any other "engine/UI editor" to run my animations. *(My knowledge-base is limited to Maya, Zbrush and Photoshop).

So if anyone could point me in the right direction (software?) or even highlight some really good tutorials on this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

**Keep in mind, I don't want to overly complicate a persons ability to get the game running.. so Flash or some other common "launch" application would prolly be preferred.

The Basic Idea::
**Using fully rigged male and female models (softbodies, facial rig, deformers, ect..) and rendering out animations for the following "use".

1. Have a static pose for "inspection" ~ where the "model" has a looping breathing animation and eyes follow your cursor.

2. Have hotspots on the body (pecs, biceps, ect) that when clicked ~ the model flexes that muscle group or shifts to a specific pose *(to show deformation of muscle groups, skin folds, ect).

3. After a few seconds, he/she shifts back to the static "breathing animation".
**also put in a few UI buttons to "pause/hold" that specific pose or loop the animation (from start to end and back, again and again) ~

4. Have an ability to "skin and mirror" 50% the model ~ *(switching out the current "full" model for one like below).

IE:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/350/d/7/omnom_by_everfaust-d5o8f3f.jpg

The overlining goal is to simply show off muscle groups and deflate common misconceptions about anatomy. *(maybe even adding a "fat slider" to the mix ~ to highlight proper weight distribution).

IE:
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/350/7/5/165152_by_everfaust-d5o8g9h.jpg

Thanks in advance for anyone that helps ^_^

Lunatique
01-04-2013, 06:06 AM
I think flash is what most people would use for this kind of interactive tutorial. BTW, nice work--can't wait to see it done.

CGTalk Moderation
01-04-2013, 06:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.