PDA

View Full Version : Nurbana to be incorporated into Blender

BgDM
12-09-2003, 02:54 PM
See the news here:

http://www.blender.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=93&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Blender just keeps on getting better and better!

BgDM

JA-forreal
12-10-2003, 03:26 AM
I never really used Blenders nurbs features that much in the past. But now with my new interest in architectural modeling I am using curves to model many elements of my scenes. This looks like it will be another great addition to the Blender sources. I can hardly wait to taste some of this code whe it comes out in the developers playground versions of Blender!

Blend on!

fxgogo
12-10-2003, 12:49 PM
great news....mark my words, blender is going to be a majorly impressive tool that will compete with the big five in the future.

JA-forreal
12-11-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by fxgogo
great news....mark my words, blender is going to be a majorly impressive tool that will compete with the big five in the future.

Compete? Hahaha. As a Blender artist I could care less about pitting my 3d app against any other 3d app user. But as a 3d artist skill is everything. And if some artist where bidding for some hot contract their choice of software alone won't help them win but their artistic skill, project workflow methods and style will.

Some folks get confused when they hear about opensource apps and think of free software and handouts. But they don't realize that it takes some real effort/time/money to develop such projects. The power behind opensource may be the aim of software users and devlopers goal to perfect a software so that it can help them to solve any problem that may arise. If you read the article on this nurbs project you will see why the author chose to release the sources to the Blender codebase. He realized that as a part of the Blender codebase it's development will grow.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.