PDA

View Full Version : My computer refuses to go ON

bov
12-09-2003, 01:18 PM
Hi there, I'm hoping someone can help. My computer won't turn on. It didn't turn on properly a few days ago but when I turned the power key on my removable hard drive to off, and tried switching on the computer, it came on fine. The computer was then off for a few days but when I tried turning it on today it refused. I tried doing the same thing as before with the removable hard drive, I even took it out of the loop, but the computer still isn't coming on.
I've checked the main power cable and that is working fine; I checked that everything is plugged in at the back ok.
I even checked that the small lead that goes from the power button on the front of the computer to the motherboard is in ok. I tried putting an old computer case along side the malfunctioning one and connected its 'reset switch' to the 'power on' pin on the malfunctioning motherboard (this old computer case didn't have a 'power switch' wire) but it didn't activate the computer. I don't know what else to try.

What would be the most likely cause for the computer not going on? The motherboard is an Asus A7N8X-X. I'm not sure if you need more info, as the problem seems fundamental.
Thanks for your help.
Bov

bov
12-09-2003, 03:01 PM
Well looks like I've solved the problem - yes you quessed it, it's the power supply unit that's the culprit - it's not that old either.

Thanks anyway.
Bov

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.