I used 3ds max5.1 and shag hair&fur.
Rendered in V-Ray.

Hope you enjoy.

http://myhome.hanafos.com/~salviarr/zir_finalpose06.jpg

http://myhome.hanafos.com/~salviarr/zir_finalface01.jpg

Hexodam
12-09-2003, 03:41 PM
may I be the first to say WOW:drool:

amazing stuff, expecialy the ... accesories like the guntlet and straps and everything ;)

Chac
12-09-2003, 03:44 PM
Impressionant !!!
:bowdown:

Plays_4_Pants
12-09-2003, 04:16 PM
Everything looks very good. The lighting needs more power...more depth. But the gauntlet looks EXCEPTIONAL!:bounce:
The muscle veins really pull the realism up a couple of knotches. But the face is probably the most "need of work" considering (i think i said this before but i gotta say this again) that guantlet looks EXCEPTIONAL!:bounce:

Digimatrix
12-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Wow!:D

lildragon
12-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Very strong try, you're almost there imho

things you might want to fiddle with

- The pose is very rigid, the spine needs much more curvature and a better line of action

- The textures are great in some areas and lacking in others, same with the lighting, everything seems a bit uniform to me, it's hard to tell why some areas of this beast would be sweaty and why other parts won't be

- The hair needs more shadows for it to appear "full" and not flat

- the metal and rope textures are great, same with the leather, very well done, the specularity works well here.

- fix the mud, it's way too smooth

You're almost there, those eyes are very piercing! keep up the great work.

[plugged for the immense effort] great first post
-lild

Sceme
12-09-2003, 06:17 PM
i love all those accesories, and the character is also fantastic.
Only thing i don't like is the skin...somehow ..but great still :)

Hickory
12-09-2003, 06:22 PM
I find him to look like a painted miniature figurine like you might find from Warhammer 40k or even Blood Bowl. Great job on the metal gauntlets. Keep it up. I do agree that his stance is a little rigid.

onlooker
12-09-2003, 06:43 PM
I think the texturing of the armament is finished, and looks great. :thumbsup: The mud could use some tweaking, along with the pose.

The one thing that really stands out that could be manipulated a bit is his cheek bones. With such a strong jaw line, and a mean testosterone filled snare, I would bring out cheekbones a bit. I think it would be an improvement to his realism.

Although, one real big annoyance is he has a mullet (hair cut). Why did you give him a mullet?

sqitso
12-09-2003, 06:50 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I had just one question though. Was it your intent to give the character a waxy look? I'm really curious about that look for a project I was working on. I just couldn't get it right.

Dj.Kopito
12-09-2003, 07:01 PM
woooooooooooooooooooow..........
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

velinje
12-09-2003, 07:19 PM
Thorax and muscles needs more detail, I find them looking a bit like boxes.. very stiff. Work on the light some more to and it will get much much better.

McSpirit
12-09-2003, 07:24 PM
Chac wouldnt it had been enough to make one reply of lame smilies?

Great work Salviarr one of the best I've seen for a long time.
One thing thou his left nipple looks a bit to long :hmm:

You should enter it to Expose 2

Maybe you should post a smaller picture in the post.. can be hard to gain a full view and feel of it :shrug:

ShinChanPu
12-09-2003, 07:43 PM
Everything is good..... but the body of the beast. It is not anatomicaly accurate even correct. Skin shader isnīt good enough. And I agree with Lildragon the pose is very rigid.... like a Madelman or Actionman. Well, letīs see.... only the cloths and props are really good. IMO is not enough to be in frontpage :shrug:

Oh, yes.... this took a lot of work to finish... sure. And the render is big!:rolleyes:

Side_FX
12-09-2003, 07:52 PM
:bowdown:

deddy
12-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Looking very good for the accesorries !!
and yeah except with the body and the texture....
what about some wire? :)

BoromirNo1
12-09-2003, 08:14 PM
one of the most amazing pieces of art here, or have ever seen. Simply amazing. :applause:

pollutedyouth
12-09-2003, 08:52 PM
the details is AWESOME..... i realy love it.
but as mentioned the moussles on thorax needs to be a bit softer and jelly like. otherwise its just GREAT

ninjacore
12-09-2003, 09:05 PM
...love this!!!!!

modelling, texturing, character design......

love it.

AlvinG
12-09-2003, 09:21 PM
I love this character, it is very well done! :eek:
Please, show us some wireframes... :bowdown:

Cararan
12-09-2003, 09:26 PM
WHOA........ Very nice.

mackster
12-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Great work Salviarr!! :thumbsup:
But like lildragon said, the spine needs more curvature to add more action. Looks kinda stiff in that pose. The rest are details you can continue to add...

Keep it up fella!

:beer:

LittleFenris
12-09-2003, 10:17 PM
Make the picture bigger please, I can't see it well enough. ;)

Quester99
12-09-2003, 10:33 PM
This is a VERY good model. I especially like the metal texures. How did you manage to do those? I need to texture my guy's armor and I haven't a clue as to how to do that :D Great pic :thumbsup:

JZA
12-10-2003, 12:13 AM
Awesome! I was truly surprised to see a model that looks so genuinly scary (the first image in particular). I honestly can't understand how people can complain about the skin; imho this is one of the stronger aspects of the whole thing. Great stuff, nice hi-res, looking forward to see more of your work.

Cheers,
JZA

Nethermind
12-10-2003, 12:54 AM
"I dont' know what you were going for but the skin looks a little too shiny like coated plastic or something.

Also, you might want to do an asymmetry pass on the face and/ horns.. just tweak it so the model doesn't look so symmetrical and have that 3D mirrored half model look.

Other than that the image is fairly decent for 3D"

Edit - Oops..the top image never loaded, just got a look at it, very cool. Nice Work on the gauntlets and such..My crit still stands for the frontal pic of the face tho. Just doesn't seem to be on par with the rest of the body. :)

XYZRGB
12-10-2003, 01:26 AM
Love the textures on the gauntlet. :thumbsup:

Seiviar
12-10-2003, 03:32 AM
Thanks for the comments.

Here is the wire.
http://myhome.hanafos.com/~salviarr/zir_wireframe.jpg

http://myhome.hanafos.com/~salviarr/zir_wireframe2.jpg

About the metal texures - I use a raytrace material.
The texture is a mix of photo and painting in photoshop.
falloff map in reflect slot
I use the same map in both Specular Level and Bump map.

I'm very sorry that I don't feel quite confident in writing in English.

Peteleebe
12-10-2003, 03:47 AM
oh its really nice!!:bounce:

I like most the nose of that creature, its innovative!

I had created a creature before, and could you kindly give me some feedback?

(I AM NOT GOING TO BOTHER THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!! JUST WANT TO SHARE SOME INSIGHT WITH OTHERS!! I feel deeply sorry if you guys feel annoying!)

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=98267&goto=newpost

sizzlebits
12-10-2003, 03:49 AM
Nothing about this is 'frontpage plug exemplary', in my opinion. A good deal of work obviously went into this, and it shows. But my opinion stands.

phoenix
12-10-2003, 04:33 AM
excellent work...very amazing model

RYGUY182
12-10-2003, 05:25 AM
very kool man!! really nice job on the accessories, expecially texturing them, I agree that the body could really use some more work but great job all together. would really like to see some texture the texture maps you made!

KolbyJukes
12-10-2003, 09:13 AM
looking pretty good...nice effort man, I look forward to your next model.

kudos and congrats on the plug :thumbsup:

-Kol.

Nuro
12-10-2003, 09:14 AM
I like the left arm , very nice :thumbsup: and the design it s great

darnel25
12-10-2003, 09:15 AM
very nice.

theresa johanss
12-10-2003, 09:20 AM
excellent work!!! especially the leather with its seams and the armor. The skin needs more work on and the mud.

maybe you could change the pose of the head, make him look down on the viewer instead.

tess

JeT
12-10-2003, 09:20 AM
hello, I think you need to do some more work on the chest, upper and lower. The lack of collarbones is somewhat irrating my eyes and the breasts (hmm that sounds funny about a guy demon monster dude) are quite square, compared to the muscles on his arms for contrast. Also below the chest start of sixpack and ribcage seem a little too rigid or boney or something. pretty kewl :)

charithmax
12-10-2003, 10:03 AM
superb work! i really like to see the character in a nice environment:thumbsup:

rods_vin
12-10-2003, 02:22 PM
WHAT A TEXTURE @@@@ =D AMAZING REALY COOOLLL =DDD
:buttrock: :buttrock: :applause:

k4k
12-10-2003, 03:25 PM
mommyyyyyy....:cry:

Copyright
12-10-2003, 03:51 PM
This is good stuff! Nice !
:applause:

thhchx
12-10-2003, 06:24 PM
I respect your attempt.

But, seriously, you should work on the fundamentals of a character like this. The masculature/anatomy is very angular, really, you should push for more natural curves. Cross check with references on anatomy. Try to draw it out or go to a toyshop and check out some action figures. As for the pose, please watch the line of action.

The face of your character possessed similar characteristics with it's body.. very angular.

The accessories, textures.. and all that are really merely eye candy, and you have no problems with those. The real stuff you should work and focus on ain't accessories but the character itself.

Due to the pose - and also the 'angular' nature of your model, your character ended up looking stiff. That's what I feel.

Finally again, great attempt.

darcru
12-10-2003, 09:47 PM
The work on the sword is incredible

Radacci
12-10-2003, 11:56 PM
i like everything waist down, but upper body isn't so good...well the modeling is nice, but he is just uggly! :)
the gauntlets and sword and all that are great though!

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.