PDA

View Full Version : TRAILER of W.I.P. game

Dokroton
12-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Some days ago I posted some of my 3d models on this thread:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=106098

Now i would like to show you how these models have been used in the game.

You may download the trailer
HERE (http://www.dokroton.com)

Please post your comments.
thx
It was very hard!

Frank Dodd
12-10-2003, 10:45 PM
Do you have a direct link to your trailer? As your site is Flash only.

Layer01
12-10-2003, 11:33 PM
um i only get a black screen. for both italian and english versions of your site.

SlayerJenkins
12-11-2003, 06:12 AM
The site requires flash. Maybe that's why it isn't working for ya?

NeoNautica
12-11-2003, 07:02 AM
Direct Link to Movie (http://www.dokroton.com/movies/www.dokroton.com-legend_of_the_final_hero_wip.zip)

Looks good so far.

Layer01
12-11-2003, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by SlayerJenkins
The site requires flash. Maybe that's why it isn't working for ya?

i have flash but the site doesn't seem to load...odd..oh well.

NeoNautica: thanks for the link :)

SammyB
12-11-2003, 12:49 PM
Looks cool, I wanna play this game! One thing though.. His walking seems to be a bit too casual, and the transition between walking and running isn't smooth enough. He just goes from walking to running in like, half a sec, and it doesn't look natural to me?

Keep it up.

Frank Dodd
12-11-2003, 06:59 PM
A very nice piece of work great style on the characters in a revitalisation of classic arcade beat'em up action. It appears to be very well implemented and difficult to flaw from a modelling / animation point of view. From a game point of view I like the camera cut shots and angles which give an glint on the genre I assume the nasties will start fighting back and there will be a good variety of adversaries to choose from too.

Looking good.

Layer01
12-12-2003, 12:15 AM
can anyone say......FIST OF THE NORTH STAR!! WOO HOO :D
i just saw the video..looks cool, but like SammyB said the walking just looks to casual..hes fighting hords of bad guys and yet he looks like he's strolling in the park with his girlfriend.
i love the over the top violence, just like the ol' classics :)
and i love the cheesy hiiiya's he shouts out...classic.

nice work :)

LoTekK
12-12-2003, 04:37 AM
This looks like hella fun. :) I'm also going to buck the trend here and say I actually like the walk cycle. It's stiff, it's unnatural, and it evokes memories of classic old-school beat-em-ups like Final Fight. Great stuff, and I'd love to get my hands on a playable version when it gets there. :)

Dokroton
12-12-2003, 11:03 AM
Thx all :)
Acuatlly we don't use transitions between walk and run, he just run by double clicking a direction on the joypad/keypad, and if we'd use a transition, it would show a horrible slide effect on the terrain, since u can't wait that he put down the foot to aplly transition :\
about the park with girlfriend eheh lol, but that's the normal behaviour of the protagonist in the cartoon saga, we tried to reproduce that :)

Layer01
12-12-2003, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Dokroton
Thx all :)

about the park with girlfriend eheh lol, but that's the normal behaviour of the protagonist in the cartoon saga, we tried to reproduce that :)

he he he :)
thats a good point there....any idea when an alpha/beta/whatever version will be up for grabs?

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.