PDA

View Full Version : Writing out particle orientation?

jForsgren
12-14-2012, 01:37 PM
Greetings CGP! I have a .bin cache that from ice that i have brought into Cinema 4d from Softimage, but the particles orientation didn't make it through...
Is there anyway to write the particle orientation in the cache file? or can I only write the attributes in the rfbinExportData-node?

grahamef
12-19-2012, 06:24 PM
I'd like to help, but I don't have access to C4D. You might get more responses over at www.si-community.com (http://www.si-community.com).

SimonReeves
12-20-2012, 09:25 AM
seems like a C4D question rather than softimage? If you read it back into C4D do you get the orientations?

jForsgren
01-13-2013, 08:49 AM
Quick Update: It was a c4d issue, and we solved it by staying in XSI for the particle passes. :buttrock:
But it was indeed a c4d issue. Seems the data is there but isnt read by cinema. Same issue with alembic.
If the .bin importer wasn't so damn unstable i would probably look into a way of solving it. For now keeping it in SI works, even if its a hassle with 2 parallel rendering/shading solutions.

Thanks anyway.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2013, 08:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.