PDA

View Full Version : Abstract : Geolab2A5c

xaoei
12-09-2003, 07:38 AM
Tools:

3DS Max 4.2
Afterburn Combustion
Photoshop 7

Created using visible splines, shapes, etc - and then post edited in PS. Various nebulous forms were created using afterburn combustion through procedural density mapping - and then rendered in various passes. The visible splines and patterns were rendered in multiple seperate passes as well. Everything was then put back together in photoshop and some time was spent working with the various nebula renders to get a more detailed texture within the nebula.

I am hoping that this sort of design is not off topic here, I went through the rules a few times to make sure, and it dosen't appear that it is to me, however if I am violating any rule - please let me know and I will hastily remove it.

This kind of artwork is to convey more specifically, an abstract mood. It is not supossed to be anything concrete. It's how I releve my artistic tension when I am not spending my time being a corporate whore. :p

Any comments, opinons, crituiqes are welcome.

[EDIT] Just realized I mistitled the post. Oops!

http://www.sciform.com/_visua4.v.jpg

silverflaime
12-09-2003, 07:44 AM
Hey, you won't hear any complaints from me. it's awesome how you can put your technical knowledge together with your creativity, and it shows when the proverbial brush has been mastered by the artist. I wish I could crit it, aside from "I like it"

rickycox
12-09-2003, 10:49 AM
That's a nice technique, turned out well.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.