PDA

View Full Version : Cinepaint update - New website, and Janurary release information

teatimebing
12-11-2012, 09:55 AM
http://www.cinepaint.org/2012/12/10/cinepaint-in-london-after-gllug/

https://twitter.com/cinepaint

Like to Have's for January 2013:

GUI Tray. The tray will be a filmstrip-like window that lets you see frame sequences in order as though printed on motion picture film.
Motion graphics. Simple motion graphics across multiple frames.
Storyboarding. Option to turn the tray vertical and place annotations to the right of each frame.
Stop-motion animation.
Rapid design prototyping. Quickly create beer can and cereal box designs with wrapped textures. OBJ file support.

teatimebing
12-12-2012, 11:50 AM
Well Cinepaint 1.3 64 bit installed pretty easily, Fedora Core 17 x64.
http://i.imgur.com/Kcc9Y.png

cojam
12-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Great but can we please get a real Cinepaint for windows. The previous attempts were $%^#.

Even Blender does windows. It's not "Open" if I'm forced to use X, Y or Z operating system, now is it.

zeroeffect
12-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Great but can we please get a real Cinepaint for windows. The previous attempts were $%^#.

Even Blender does windows. It's not "Open" if I'm forced to use X, Y or Z operating system, now is it.

That's a very entitled and arrogant opinion, which shows a clear lack of understanding as to what "Open" means. Basically you're giving the middle finger to developers who freely share their time and work with the community because they don't service your needs.

To everyone on the Cinepaint team, thank you for your time and effort.

cojam
12-12-2012, 02:23 PM
That's a very entitled and arrogant opinion, which shows a clear lack of understanding as to what "Open" means. Basically you're giving the middle finger to developers who freely share their time and work with the community because they don't service your needs.

That;s..your rude and arrogant opinion, so, if what your saying is true, then i guess that makes us even. Shame about the 600million windows users who wont get to use it. But I suppose giving them the middle finger means nothing, right.

You need to chill out. END.

teatimebing
12-12-2012, 02:56 PM

They are doing a great job, and it will be a welcomed update.

zeroeffect
12-12-2012, 02:59 PM
That;s..your rude and arrogant opinion, so, if what your saying is true, then i guess that makes us even. Shame about the 600million windows users who wont get to use it. But I suppose giving them the middle finger means nothing, right.
If commenting on your ignorance regarding Open Source makes me rude, then so be it. If you want a version for Windows, the source code is available to you, and everyone, for free. No one is stopping you from doing it yourself.

stew
12-12-2012, 03:04 PM

You need to chill out. END.
Writing software for Linux is giving the middle finger to Windows users? Wow, I guess that C4D plugin I wrote once must have really insulted those Maya users then.

teatimebing
12-12-2012, 03:31 PM

Cinepaint is open source.

What you are talking about is a cross-platform build system. No, this does not exist for Cinepaint, but the lead developer is currently striving to get to that point, where one code base can serve multiple platforms.

As stated in the news post, this should hopefully be done by January. Blender has the benefit of not using GTK+ which is terrible to maintain on Windows and Mac, which is why there are so few releases of Gimp for Mac and Windows.

If you are willing to give it a go, you could try to build Cinepaint 1.3 from source using cygwin.

DePaint
12-12-2012, 06:24 PM
The developer says that a Windows release is in the works, and that it is the #1 most frequent request he gets...

Releasing CinePaint on Windows has been the #1 request Iíve received. If you have other CinePaint features requests or suggestions for the CinePaint Kickstarter campaign, let me know here or email me privately at robin@cinepaint.org (http://forums.cgsociety.org/robin@cinepaint.org).

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2012, 06:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.