PDA

View Full Version : Environment: Station 3D

LucianoNeves
12-09-2003, 03:36 AM
Hello friends :beer:

I'm putting a new image about "Train Station" but now is the " back side of the Train Station".

I hope you enjoy the new one and thanks again !

http://lrvn.zip.net

This images are "Train Station -1900" of my city...or...where I was born !

LucianoNeves
12-09-2003, 04:23 AM
:thumbsup: Comments, critics are very welcome.

charithmax
12-09-2003, 05:58 AM
Great work there!:thumbsup:

i love the texturing and lighting!

keep the good work going!:beer:

silverflaime
12-09-2003, 07:58 AM
Nice Work! The modeling is spot on. The only thing I would desire is some contrast in colour between the walkway, bench, and buildings, just break up those warm colours a bit. Also, your shadows seem a lot darker under the train. The broken windows and busted up shutters add a lot I think, and the grubby look of the train car is sweet. Keep it up!

telamon
12-09-2003, 03:48 PM
absolutely brilliant. Very nice details. Good texturing.

Front page stuff

boboroshi
12-09-2003, 03:56 PM
Rock. And. Roll. Very nice shot.

Garma
12-09-2003, 04:23 PM
same quality dude :thumbsup: truly amazing. Can we get a larger render ? :)

Ruso
12-09-2003, 05:54 PM
This is so cool!!! Congrats!!!
Which render are you using? Can you give me some advices about the kind of lights you are using?

Again, keep up the good work.

LucianoNeves
12-10-2003, 04:17 AM
here something about lights :thumbsup:

http://www.stillartstudio.com/luzes.jpg

stonehenge
12-10-2003, 04:40 AM
i like the angle of the shot but i did notice that on the textured version the window/vents on the top of the closest wing look flat. it night be how the lighting is set up, and in the un-textured version that they are actually 3D instead of just a texture. it might just me me tho. also the boxcar seems a bit too grey. the rust on the seams of the metal looks good, but the base texture seems a little too grey/undersaturated.

other than that...it looks really good.

stonehenge:thumbsup:

Ruso
12-10-2003, 06:06 PM
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Do you let all the lights cast shadows or just the main source light?

Which render are you using?

ik-vlieg
12-10-2003, 07:03 PM
I really like it! especially the boxcar/wagon!!! :thumbsup:

Solomon
12-10-2003, 07:32 PM
hi Luciano Neves,

great work!! I am impressed - I am striving for quality like that. I assume you are using Max for the modeling and lighting.

How long did it take to render, and did yo consider using Radiosity?

The building is very detailed - good job!!

LucianoNeves
12-10-2003, 10:15 PM
Hi friends,

Yes, I made with 3DMax and I think the whole structure I did in more or less 100 /120 hours.
About the render 20 minutes without Radiosity and I used just normal lights with some adjust.
I will try with radiosity maybe FinalRender.

Thanks

LucianoNeves
12-10-2003, 10:43 PM
http://www.stillartstudio.com/config_lights.jpg

yangmiemie
12-11-2003, 12:11 AM
the secen is great,....
:applause:

digitaldamage
12-11-2003, 03:07 PM
I like your lighting, very nice. But there is something with the wagon. As i see it, it's in the textures; especially if i look at the "wagon on white background" picture. The details just seem to drown in a texture which is too dark.
Don't get me wrong. It is not necessarily a good thing if the observer can see every little piece modeled in the picture, but I think that in this case, it may be a little inappropriate, as the object is hit by direct light and nevertheless very dark. There are also absolutely no highlights on the whole wagon. Being made of metal, i would assume at least some tiny highlights breking throug the rust here and there; some blank metal, or scratches.
Besides, you've got a good attention to detail there. Overall a very nice image!

One question: If I see it correctly, you are using an array of Spotlights in form of a dome as a baselight for the scene?

AtomAton
12-11-2003, 04:27 PM
, thanks for the lighting tips, have you considered using hdr? how long did the modelig proccess take you?

awesome

Ruso
12-11-2003, 04:30 PM
thank you for showing the lights configuration :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.