PDA

View Full Version : does inertia work with boned objects ??

T4D
12-09-2003, 01:56 AM
doing Pi's bird at the moment and wonder is there waya to get the Inertia plugin to work with a boned object
eg birds wings

would be cool :wip:

SplineGod
12-09-2003, 05:43 AM
Inertia doesnt but there is a free plugin that does recognize bones and weight maps. I THINK its called Lazy points

T4D
12-09-2003, 05:51 AM
lazy points MP doesn't have a site any more :banghead:

But thanks Larry I'll have to seach my flay bin should have it somewhere :beer:

SplineGod
12-09-2003, 05:56 AM
Doh!
Sorry! Thats an old plugin. I think its called FIs Lagmotion :)

T4D
12-09-2003, 06:42 AM
SUPER DOPER :buttrock:
Thanks BIG Time Larry YOU ARE A GOD :bowdown:

i was just about to start trying to do a flapping wing animation cycle and animate the tips by hand then and rig it as motion mixer slider So Pisong could animate is easy But you save the day yet again :beer:

SplineGod
12-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Cool!
You might be able to use follower with some delay to get the wing tips to lag behind. Another option is to animate the wings but keyframe both the wing and the wing tip then slide the timing on the wing tips a bit.
Once you do one cycle of animation you can use Cyclist or Cycler to make the animation repeat when you want based on a controllers motion in a variety of ways. The bird itself could be the controller. :)
Another option is to use a morph target and tie that to the rotation of the wing bone via cycler as well. :)

T4D
12-09-2003, 07:28 AM
thanks for ideas larry
but that plugin fits the bill perfectly :applause:

SplineGod
12-09-2003, 07:31 AM
Cool Peter!
The nice thing about cyclist/cycler is that it allows you to combine the artists touch with expressions. :)

T4D
12-09-2003, 07:56 AM
i'm too lazy for that :p
that means i have to add that plugin to each tip and base feather
there's afew of em, and edit the settings for each one LOL ;)
having the mesh lag behide seems quicker

and i'm still yet to transfer the right wings pose & rig to the left wing but hay that life:) should have it done soon .....................

Facial Deluxe
12-09-2003, 09:23 AM
Hey T4D ! Please post some anim test when done with that Lag motion thing ! I want to seeee :)

T4D
12-09-2003, 09:44 AM
yeah no problem I was going to post alittle run down on the wing rig i did it's alittle different then kertin's used
I used motion mixer to control the wing poses.
but i better finish first :wip:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.