PDA

View Full Version : Seeking pre-workshop advice

humblefire
12-08-2012, 12:56 AM
Hi guys, I'm new to CGS and I've enrolled in the Absolute Beginners workshop which starts next January the 20th.

I'm really keen to get started before that, so I was wondering what exercises and practise I could do in preparation? I've seen a couple of drawing books by Loomis and Hamm, would they be a good start or should I be concentrating on just basic forms?

I know it might be easy to say 'just start drawing' but I want to be more focused I guess.

Any advice much appreciated.

many thanks

Paul

Gnome^
12-10-2012, 09:57 PM
I love the Loomis books and I’d recommend studying them to warm up for the class. Especially ‘Fun With a Pencil’, ‘Successful Drawing’ and ‘Drawing Heads and Hands.’ Plenty of basic forms in those books that help build more complex drawings and to just get the stylus/pencils swingin’!

humblefire
12-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks Gnome^!

Good tips, much appreciated, I'll have a look at those titles. Hopefully be able to study at least one of them in detail before class starts.

I've ordered 'Figure drawing for all it's worth' which should arrive in the next couple of days too...

CGTalk Moderation
12-10-2012, 10:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.