PDA

View Full Version : CG business

halfbakedpixels
12-07-2012, 11:56 AM
As all you CGsociety lot are very knowledgeable i would love some of your expert advice please. :)
I'm a food processing machinery designer, i design bespoke machinery and architectural items from plain paper and also over see manufacture and installation. But after 15 years i've had enough of this industry.

I started working in 2D and about 6 years ago moved over to 3D in the form of Solidworks. To start with i was self taught but to get more experience across the board i completed a year of courses through Solidworks which stepped up my skill level a lot. I then progressed onto honing my skills at photo realistic rendering in Solidworks and have now moved onto teaching myself to use Modo 601 as it uses the same rendering engine as Solidworks.

My question is: whats the best way for me to progress into CG and photo realistic rendering world. There is a couple of companies locally that i will contact for jobs as they do exactly what i want to do. But before i contact them what sort of things will they expect from me. And what things will be an advantage for me to know before i go?

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2012, 11:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.