PDA

View Full Version : Still: Boots

GhostMouse
12-08-2003, 08:59 PM
Hey,

This will be my first contribution to cg talk. Any questions, comments and/or crits are most welcome as I am still in the learning process.

Done in Maya 5.

nuttz
12-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Hey,
Let's see the wireframe. Looks good! Keep at it. Let's see some more. b:applause:

NickTheNut
12-08-2003, 09:53 PM
very nice. my only crit. is that the front of them is a little bit to square. At least, it feels that way. If your inspiration for that IS that square though, i take it back :)

Nizniko
12-09-2003, 02:47 PM
Looks good, but it keeps reminding me of Ronald McDonald shoes. Was he your inspiration?

wgreenlee1
12-09-2003, 05:23 PM
i agree with the toes being too square
the place where you insert ur foot is distracting also and doesnt look real,maybe just studying some real shoes would help with the portioning side of things,if you look at even new shoes(besides tennis shoes)they have wrinkle where the shoes are going to bend(unless they are really stiff to begin with)but these i think would be more flexable(maybe not)
the soles should be more inset under the main parts of the shoes,never do you see them like you have here,plus shoes are pre-formed to the basic shape of the foot,these are not,the arches should be well formed like a foot on the inside to support the arch of the feet
the middle top section of the shoes look odd in that they dont look round,theres a sharp crease there and really it should be more roundish like a real foot would fit into them

i'd say the combination of the materials and the lighting makes it really hard to see the shoes themselves
need to maybe set them up with a three point lighting system and bring them closer to the models

the texture of the flooring is really distracting,i do like the blurred reflections tho
i have never seen a material like that,im not cutting it down but you need to study some real-life flooring because to me it looks like formica/counter top material really

over all tho intresting for ur first post and i would really just learn as much as you can from this and go on
a model only will show as good as the lighting and textures will let it/them
so after you model spend as much time working with the textures and working that same amount of time again on the lighting
so often you see these guys make a killer model(i mean really cool models)and then spend five minutes textureing(sometimes not even that) then five minutes lighting the model(s) and then rendering and saying "look what i did!"
that works if the model is really killer but more often than not it ruins it for the viewer because you cant see it properly or the dof or textures is making it hard to see or just plain distracting
when i look at a render i want the models to be the center of attention
i want them to stand out and be noticed,im not here to look at the backdrop or whatever
im here to enjoy,first the subject then everything else in the scene must accentuate the main subject(s) not distract from it

keep going there more pixels waiting to be anti-alaised.....lol

:thumbsup:

Baldasseroni
12-09-2003, 06:09 PM
i think that it`s good, maybe you should fix some streching problems of the leather texture, they are especially noticeable on the front of the shoes....good work !

:thumbsup:

Mclaren
12-09-2003, 09:43 PM
awesome, i have those shoes. I like the pic.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.