PDA

View Full Version : Backburner

Luuuffy
12-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Can anyone point me in the right direction for some backburner tutorials? I just want to know how to queue up some renders.

Cheers,

Luuuffy

surreal-reality
12-18-2012, 06:54 AM
when you install maya, normally it installs backburner server, manager, and monitor.

server is what you need to run on the computers receiving the renders.

manager on the machine giving out the tasks to backburner, and monitor is just a utility to view the que and progress from any machine.

first thing you need to do is find out if you your two computers can talk.
research ping, and open up command in windows and ping your other computers by name, or ip.
if you get answers, then make sure ports are open, firewalls either disabled, or accounted for, and just run server and manager with the same port settings.

they should be able to communicate from there

hope that helps

Luuuffy
12-18-2012, 09:08 PM
when you install maya, normally it installs backburner server, manager, and monitor.

server is what you need to run on the computers receiving the renders.

manager on the machine giving out the tasks to backburner, and monitor is just a utility to view the que and progress from any machine.

first thing you need to do is find out if you your two computers can talk.
research ping, and open up command in windows and ping your other computers by name, or ip.
if you get answers, then make sure ports are open, firewalls either disabled, or accounted for, and just run server and manager with the same port settings.

they should be able to communicate from there

hope that helps

Hey thanks for the info! I probably should have stated I'm using 3dsmax and I only have one pc to render out on... I have got it all hooked up and jobs are sitting in the queue but it wont render.

In the report i'm getting: There is no valid server to process job

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2012, 09:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.