PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Into Darkness Teaser Trailer

Seven
12-06-2012, 09:28 AM
This looks incredible!

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/paramount/startrekintodarkness/

Laa-Yosh
12-06-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm more interested to see Benedict Cumberbatch in a villain role, after seeing him in Sherlcok... His voice is basically taking over everything else in the teaser already. And he's gonna be Smaug, too!

R10k
12-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Heh, yeah... it'll be hard not to see him as Sherlock :)

cojam
12-06-2012, 01:07 PM
This looks incredible!

Wow your easily pleased, running from left to right, from right to left, some explosions= ticket sold. Was nov 5 incredible for you too ...lol ;)

I'll wait for that rare beast - a good story. Not like the 2009 trek/wars mashup.

Charkins
12-06-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm just glad I can actually see everything now, it isn't smothered in lens flares anymore.

uncle_frankie
12-06-2012, 03:16 PM
I'm just glad I can actually see everything now, it isn't smothered in lens flares anymore.

but everything is blue and orange still!

Andrewty07
12-06-2012, 03:18 PM
I would still prefer to have a third series of Sherlock before this hah.

Tangled-Universe
12-06-2012, 06:16 PM

For this same reason I totally can not understand people liked the teaser of Pacific Rim.
I thought that was perhaps the worst ever, because you can't see a darn thing or even understand what you're seeing.

Despite it's only 1:03 there's still enough to actually -see* in this Star Trek trailer.

apadilla91
12-06-2012, 06:45 PM
So far it does appear they stepped back a bit from the over usage of lens flare (fingers crossed). I cannot wait to see the movie, and especially Cumberbatch playing a villain!

FancyRedFox
12-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Brace yourselves, the lens flares are coming.

Haha, on a serious note though, it could be fun. The first one didn't absolutely wow me, but I still enjoyed it. Sometimes I just like to admire over the top action shots, and it looks like we'll all be able to do that from what's in the trailer. Looks pretty cool.

Als
12-06-2012, 10:05 PM
What is this ?
Star Trek Disaster movie Into Darkness? Disaster.
Independence day meets Assassin's Creed in 2012?
What is it about?
Villain must be stopped movie? I thought that's James Bond movie.
Crazy Villain against everyone - Batman movie.

Oh, but just bomb and explode everything and the crowd will fill the arena.

trancerobot
12-06-2012, 10:29 PM
What is this ?
Star Trek Disaster movie Into Darkness? Disaster.
Independence day meets Assassin's Creed in 2012?
What is it about?
Villain must be stopped movie? I thought that's James Bond movie.
Crazy Villain against everyone - Batman movie.

Oh, but just bomb and explode everything and the crowd will fill the arena.

Khan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54)... probably.

BrainFreeze
12-06-2012, 10:29 PM
YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diP-o_JxysA

Sigh, this isn't Star Trek. I miss TNG :(

Als
12-06-2012, 10:42 PM
After the lackluster critical and commercial response to Star Trek: The Motion Picture (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_The_Motion_Picture), series creator Gene Roddenberry (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Roddenberry) was forced out of the sequel's production.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_II:_The_Wrath_of_Khan

michibe
12-07-2012, 06:54 AM
I also think this isnt Star Trek anymore. I enyoed the original enterprise as a kid (not in the 60's of course) and all other stuff.
Even the other Enterprise series with Cpt.Archer and how they got the new technologies like a phaser. It was fun.

But with those youngsters now I really find no connection anymore. But its still nice popcorn cinema or worth a good Blue-Ray evening at home.

richcz3
12-08-2012, 07:11 AM
I liked the reboot but I'm not taken in by this trailer. This is like a disaster epic and it doesn't feel like Star Trek at all.
Even if this is Khan, I'm having a hard time figuring out how they will play out the whole story without rushing through to the vengeance part.

Creed
12-08-2012, 08:05 PM
I liked the reboot but I'm not taken in by this trailer. This is like a disaster epic and it doesn't feel like Star Trek at all.

Yeah, not a single transporter beam in the entire trailer! :)
More like Strek Trek invades Gotham. Need more space battle scenes, IMHO.

I mean, how can you have a Star Trek movie without an epic space battle?

DSW
12-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Even if this is Khan, I'm having a hard time figuring out how they will play out the whole story without rushing through to the vengeance part.
What vengeance part?

This is now a completely new Star Trek universe. There is no connection between Kirk and Khan here. The only vengeance part may be between Khan and Earth - but it would certainly be something very different than the one Khan had with Kirk.

vlad74
12-09-2012, 10:01 AM
This is not Star Trek. This the usual cliché hollywood b*****t.

DSW
12-09-2012, 09:47 PM
This is not Star Trek. This the usual cliché hollywood b*****t.
So yhou've seen the entire movie and know the whole story?

Wow... you've got allot of inside info.

Check out all of the previous Star Trek films and you'll see they all have smiliarities to what we've seen in this trailer. Bad guy or gang of bad guys or alien probe or old Earth probe out to destroy Earth or kill Kirk or obtain a super destructive weapon or start a war or something just like this trailer shows.

Now of course if you mean the "usual Hollywood cliche BS" of an FX-ridden movie trailer... then yeah, you got that right. Aside from it not being Star Trek... nope, you aint got that right - unless you compare it to the actual TV SERIES.

richcz3
12-10-2012, 09:38 PM
What vengeance part?

This is now a completely new Star Trek universe. There is no connection between Kirk and Khan here. The only vengeance part may be between Khan and Earth - but it would certainly be something very different than the one Khan had with Kirk.I realize the old Trek timeline is completely reset. There's no series canon to conform to but if he is indeed playing Khan, it would appear the intimacy of conflict, the personal vengeance between Khan toward Kirk is lost.

For me seeing a starfleet ship ditch into the bay causing a huge tidal surge and in another scene a starfleet ship rise out of the ocean, I was like "What?" I really don't know what to think. I just hope this doesn't turn into a Michael Bay-esque disaster movie. I don't want to see the Enterprise banking hard lefts and rights through a city scape. I know they are smarter than that, so I'll just have to wait and see.

roofoo
12-11-2012, 12:45 PM
So they have a warp capable starship, their mission is to explore new worlds, yet they are stuck fighting terrorists on Earth? Isn't that Jack Bauer's job?

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2012, 12:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.