PDA

View Full Version : near futur/cyberpunk freedom fighter

xtrm3d
12-08-2003, 03:41 PM
hi.. after one week without any inspiration..decided today in the morning to start a freedom fighter .. no too cartoony.. but not too realistic..
let´call it pseudo realistic style ..lol

for now just the head .. would have to do some detailling later ...
but first i want to to see for hair , lashes,. and brown..
still not sure wich way i want to go to doe them... would have to do some test ..

as alway.. coment and critique welcome :wip: :wip: http://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/freedomfighter1.jpg

Pi3141
12-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Oh wow, awesome!!!

So much detail, so few polygons, you rock my friend :buttrock:

The only thing that bothers me is the dent in the forehead, although I have a feeling that's intentional so it's down to a personal preference thing I guess

Can't wait to see more :wip:

kurv
12-08-2003, 03:45 PM
No critique from me, so far this looks fantastic!!!

So do you have any ideas yet for the uniform..?

Looks awesome so far, as always Christophe!!

proton
12-08-2003, 03:47 PM
looking great

Facial Deluxe
12-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Héhéhé you're back !
:buttrock: :thumbsup:

modernhorse
12-08-2003, 03:53 PM
Splendid. Looks like James Carvel, the democratic campaign advisor (though I'm sure that will be lost on you xtrm3d as you're not American :) ). I just looked for a pic of him and can't find one.

policarpo
12-08-2003, 05:47 PM
damn dude!

that rocks!

but hey, what's new.

:beer:

xtrm3d
12-08-2003, 09:58 PM
thx a lot for the comment and critique ..
yes i woould redo the upper nose part..

The only thing that bothers me is the dent in the forehead
thx pisong..allready done :-)

do you have any ideas yet for the uniform..?
hi wess, no not really an unifiorm.. i plan to concentrate myself on the head .. may be a would doe just a bust ..but no more...

Héhéhé you're back !
ouiap-.. j ai fait une semaine de glandouille ..heheh..
et toi ? tu fait voir kekchose ?? vaaaaass yyyy koiiiii,,,,allleeerrrr

chrisWhite
12-08-2003, 10:13 PM
Man, seems like every time I look around your doing another awesome project! :buttrock:

That looks sweet, also I never posted on your other recent characters, they also are incredible!

carbon8
12-08-2003, 10:41 PM
PiSong, maybe his mamma droped his ass when he was a kid. HEHE.

Love it Christoffe! You rock man.:thumbsup:
Keep them updates comin'.

AstroSanchezz
12-09-2003, 03:55 PM
oh i missed this one
looks like a good start
keep it coming:wip:

xtrm3d
12-09-2003, 04:06 PM
statement :
please dont try to see any political message here ...
i just do an new charachter with a muslim background.. .. in the same way that my last charachter had a stong christion background. ..
dont want to offend any one.. about religion or politic..
me just tired of seeing a lot of charachter in 3d who always come from the same corner .. / asiatic fighter /babs with bigg boobs and big gun..and so on..

again .. if you dont like the subject .. then please restrain yourself to transform this thread in a political one..

if you cannot restrain yourself.. thenn..

please allow myself to sugest you to put your finger deeply in your anus until you reach your shoulder shoulder !!!!!!
:hmm:

end of statement ..

well.. i am now trying to catch his "soul " and thus did not start to work on the textur or eyelash.. would later change the hear and refine the sasquatch setting..
what do you think ?

http://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/freedomfighter2.jpg

proton
12-09-2003, 04:19 PM
This is by far the best head model you have created....killer work...I hope to work with you on a project in teh near future!

kurv
12-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Christophe,

This is awesome!!!!

xtrm3d,
me just tired of seeing a lot of charachter in 3d who always come from the same corner .. / asiatic fighter /babs with bigg boobs and big gun..and so on..

Crap, did I miss the “babs with big boobs”...where’s that thread..!!

uhhmmm, I mean...I was not given the opportunity to comment on one of these CG characters, please point out the link to me :) .

Christophe, I will say it again, your amazing!!!!

What are the cool colored dots on his glasses, you mean to tell me a Muslim freedom fighter from a third world country has designer glasses…hmmm what else is he hiding? :shrug:

Great work Christophe!!! :applause: :thumbsup:

chrisWhite
12-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Wow, I can't really say that this is where I imagined the model going, in fact, besides the nose it looks like a completely different character. But it sure is a sweet one, nice job :thumbsup:

-JT-
12-09-2003, 04:45 PM
It looks good as usual, i just think the beard is a bit too "fuzzy" (can you say that ?).
But you shouldn't justify yourself, you've got every right to do any model you want, no need to explain. :)

Pi3141
12-09-2003, 06:25 PM
Wow. Desse, your in a leage of your own. This guy is amazing. I love the three little dots on the glasses too ;)

xtrm3d
12-10-2003, 09:52 AM
thx for the kind reply and comment ..

It looks good as usual, i just think the beard is a bit too "fuzzy"
humm .. i looked at soem "freedome fighter " picture...
and believe me .. after 6 or 8 month in the desert mountainous region of they country.. they even look whors ..

What are the cool colored dots on his glasses, you mean to tell me a Muslim freedom fighter from a third world country has designer glasses…hmmm what else is he hiding?

cause of the cyberpunk setting i gave him some "H.U.D " google.
i mean they are not transparent at all.. but have 3 mini sensore..

concerning the power behind the resistance movement .. humm who know ??? may be some ancient enemy of the " new world order " or may be the economy balance is now throw upside down.. and we are the one that the world see as third world country ..

try to update later today :wip: :wavey: :wip:

Facial Deluxe
12-10-2003, 10:07 AM
Daaamn ! Missed one update !
Crazy cool !
Reminds me of Maurice G. Dantec "Babylon babies" book !
His hero named "Toorop", is looking exactly like yours, as I imagined him :thumbsup:
That's a great book that I do recommend you !
In a near future, the story starts with Toorop helping rebels somewhere in Kazhakstan. He's taking amphets too regulate his "strengh", manage him to stay awake 36 hours... he's also a great war "scientist", mean he knows almost every great battle, and try to learn strategies to rebels, well at the beginning, because after...
Great book really, you'd love it....

kurv
12-10-2003, 12:49 PM
Awesome work, as usual!!!

:drool:

MarkCurtis
12-10-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by -JT-
It looks good as usual, i just think the beard is a bit too "fuzzy" (can you say that ?).
But you shouldn't justify yourself, you've got every right to do any model you want, no need to explain. :)

I agree. But if you're aware of the fact that you are creating provocative imagery then you should also have the conviction and strength of character to back up what you have created and not run and hide like a coward when someone tells you they don't care foe that piece of artwork.

I think the beard is perfect!

xtrm3d
12-10-2003, 02:03 PM
update of the day.. :-)
until now for the skin shader everything is done pver gradient and procedural color/specular/bump ...
rendering and tweacking in ps

the next thing would be to rework the browns, make the eyelash .. breack the symetrie and continue the skin shader..
:wip: :wavey: :wip: http://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/freedomfighter3.jpg

proton
12-10-2003, 02:40 PM
cant wait to see what this guy will look like finished!

kurt30
12-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Man that looks cool! What's he going to ride. A cyborg-camel type vehicle?

kurv
12-10-2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by wordwarepub
Crap, did I miss the “babs with big boobs”...where’s that thread..!! [/B]

Still waiting on a response to this Christophe :rolleyes:

Pi3141
12-10-2003, 03:10 PM
Looking amazing Desse my man. Can't wait to see his Camel as Kurt suggested :applause:

dzogchen
12-10-2003, 08:11 PM
Looking good! I like the beard. I prefer the non GI renders, the beard texture looks softer. :applause:

dickma
12-11-2003, 04:11 AM
how's your agent?

xtrm3d
12-11-2003, 06:41 PM
ok.. here we go again..
after getting some critique.. i decided to make it look less like a muppet .. and more in the stylised direction of my last charachter ( sister vasquez )

the next step would be to clean the sasquatch setup.. cause my uv textur went a bit messy after my last modelling session ..lol

skin shader still without any image map ..

:wip:

how's your agent?
my agent is done and posted in the finished section of cg talk ..
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=105720&highlight=agent+x

Still waiting on a response to this Christophe
i was refering to the subject most of the people including myself tend to doe in 3d ..lol http://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/freedomfighter5.jpg Man that looks cool! What's he going to ride. A cyborg-camel type vehicle?
nothing me just doing a head or may be a bust .. but no more..

ThomasHelzle
12-11-2003, 07:00 PM
Cool progress!

I think the skin needs to be less shiny and less saturated. Desert Storms may give a bit more greyish colors to such a guy...

Also a bit more skin structure may help to tell the story of freedom fighting :-)

The scar could use some more detail (textured)

Keep us updated!

policarpo
12-11-2003, 07:00 PM
very very wonderful!

you are just amazing christophe!

i love your work!!!

Pi3141
12-11-2003, 07:04 PM
This is definately the best character we've seen from you. He has that "movie-esque" look to him, which is very very cool.

Cool facial expressions too!, and I love the missing tooth! lol

:beer:

kurv
12-11-2003, 07:24 PM
It just gets better and better....

:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

yann@enora
12-12-2003, 07:44 AM
could this model be part of your future dvd ? we could learn so much with such a character.

really great job

AndrewE
12-12-2003, 11:40 AM
Keep it coming, this rules man!

anieves
12-12-2003, 12:30 PM
very cool Christophe, Love the face expresions.

xtrm3d
12-17-2003, 10:58 PM
being under stress these last time..i decided today to work on my " freedom fighter "
dont know something better as a lightwave work session to keep me down to a better feeling.. ( beside of sex and french cuisine..of course ..lol )

here we go..
as say befor ..still a wip.. no color texture.. some minor error at rendereing... but going in the right direction ..

http://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/fredomfighter-wip6.jpghttp://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/fredomfighter-wip6.jpg

Pi3141
12-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Wow the beared is looking awesome now!!

Love the facial expressions too. Are you planning to do a full body for this guy?

kretin
12-17-2003, 11:09 PM
Looks way cool Chris :)

The displacement/bump makes a huge difference. The facial expressions rock and I love the teeth too :applause:

oxyg3n
12-17-2003, 11:53 PM
xtrm3d

Wow you are working on another character. I need to start on something new also. I like your guy, especially the last render. Are the details in the face modelled or just textures?

Chewey
12-18-2003, 12:10 AM
Congrats on yet another cool character!
I'm just guessing but do you ever find time to sleep or are you just madly prolific? Maybe this guy will have a slightly darker complexion if he's getting some sun out there in the desert?

AndrewE
12-18-2003, 01:11 AM
Rock on bud!

Plasticbag
12-18-2003, 09:55 AM
looks good, but how about some specturality on his face, maybe just the T zone and nose made shiny since he is in a hot climate.

hey you're getting better nowadays, keep it up man.

yann@enora
12-18-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by xtrm3d
dont know something better as a lightwave work session to keep me down to a better feeling.. ( beside of sex and french cuisine..of course ..lol )

and maybe french wine too ;)

mv
12-18-2003, 06:37 PM
nice :bounce:
I seriously didn't like the first head images, but with beard and the great facial expressions, it really has a lot of character. The last images look strange though, on dirait du platre. I think it's due to the skin color, which has an almost burned highlight, combined with a slightly oversized bump. My 2 cents.

Keep on rockin' dude

xtrm3d
12-18-2003, 09:32 PM
ok would try to reply every one ..

but dont forget that i dont go for realistic look ..but more a stylised look..
thx

m@.

thx , yep the lightning is not 100 % done .. and iwith the color and difuse map .. that should look more natural..
i dont only use a bump ..but a displacemnt map too.. and cause of teh uv problem in lw with displacent ..i have to make soem work around and thus loose some details.. :-(

yann@enora

no.. me dont drink alcohol.. what about some frog legs fried in garlic ?? :-)

chewey
yes sure i sleep .. but beside learning new application ,i spend most of my time with lw.. and ..produce..produce..produce... ..
always trying to improve.. learning new thing every day..

Plasticbag

thx,,
would try to put it on the next version ..

oxyg3n
some are modelled , some ar bump texture .. and some are polygon normals displacement ....

kretin
thx my friend..
hoppe to see your book coming out soon !!!

Pi3141

no..no.. no body.. just a head with the begining of the bust ..

xtrm3d
12-19-2003, 09:20 PM
just finished my skin shader ..
expect to finish final rendering until monday.. :wip: :wip: http://www.xtrm3d.com/temp/facetestd.jpg

Pi3141
12-19-2003, 09:22 PM
Wow!! that skin shader is awesome :applause:

mv
12-19-2003, 09:39 PM
you've fixed the skin and/or lightning nicely! looks great like that.

fellah
12-19-2003, 10:12 PM
coooool, I like him! actually I like him better without the beard to. hope you'll keep him like this.
and, if you have time/inspiration you could strap those glasses a little so they "go in" to the head piece a little, tighten them some.. I think it would add alot.
maybe change the material on the glass of the glasses to. looks a lil out of style from the rest imo.. great though, this last update was really good!
(if anything I said has been said before, just ignore it :) )

:wip: :wip:

proton
12-19-2003, 10:27 PM
Wow...this guy has really evolved in a short amount of time...great work!

policarpo
12-19-2003, 10:44 PM
looking kick ass dude!

i actually like him without the beard as well.

:buttrock:

Chagidiel
12-19-2003, 11:04 PM
Oh my god!
I thaught this was ok from the start, but had some "glitches".

But this is just danm! Damn damn!! :eek: Damn!
I can´t understand how you managed that shading! The texturing over all is amazing. The model is great, (except the ears that still need some work I think. They are too fleshy and soft. (or might it be just in that last render?))

I like the beard very much. You have set that up impressivly well, but it is fun to see the face in all its glory like this.

Beautiful, man!

Kvaalen
12-20-2003, 10:04 AM
That is a great model! I really like him but I think he could use some more work on the ears. I also really like the cloth too.

I like him better when he has that slight smile and no beard. :)

BTW, I think you have a really cool skin shader but I know it is no use asking since you were already asked and you said we'd have to wait till we get the models in LW[8]. :p

Facial Deluxe
12-20-2003, 11:31 AM
Real good dude :wip:

Steve Warner
12-20-2003, 03:02 PM
Woah! Every time I've tried to check this post I've been at work. But for some reason our proxy server blocked out your images. Now, on the weekend, just getting to see this for the first time... All I can say is :bowdown:

The progression on this piece has been amazing, Christophe. It started out as a great model. Then grew in a wonderfully stylized direction. And while I really liked what you had going with the beard, the look you've achieved now is just phenomenal. Your skin shader is really outstanding.

Five stars from me. :)

Cheers!

Steve

Castius
12-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Simply amazing from the first post if him he was great i had no idea it would progress into a face that amazing.

Only comment i have is the outside corner of the eyes have bugged me from the start i can't put my finger on why though.

Chewey
12-20-2003, 04:27 PM
I like this without the beard too. It's like a totally different character now. If I had to add some comment I'd say thin out the lower eyelashes unless you're intentionally going for a "keith richards" mascara vibe.

(fortunately you know how to take constructive crits.)

:thumbsup:

projectcoil
12-20-2003, 04:36 PM
Yes, really good work. It's good to see not everyone puts an undertone in their messages.

Mike RB
12-21-2003, 09:12 AM
Great character! I would give him his eyebrows and the sideburns back though.

Mike

xtrm3d
12-21-2003, 11:30 AM
just posted the final picture in the gallery :p

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111063

thx to every one for the constructiv critiques

@ Mike RB

thx for the compliment, i gave him everything back.. just wanted to show him without bard for teh people to have a better view of the skin shader..

@ projectcoil

thx, ;)

"It's good to see not everyone puts an undertone in their messages"

can you help me to understand that please ??

@ Chewey

you are right i really want to have thes kind of eyelash.. they are looking like mine ... ( my father is iranien )
i mean that a lot of middle eastern have a really long and almost femininie eyelashe.. ( even my wife is jealous about mine ..lol )

@ castius
if this can recomfort you , myself too didnot know with what i would come out .. i did it on the flow without plan , sketches or particular reference..

and i think i know who is your peoblem with the eyes corner ... the skin wrinkle are a bit to strong ..
corrected it in the final picture

@ Steve Warner
that funny cause proton seem to have the same kind of problem ..
thx for the compliment on the skin shader ..

@Kvaalen

... lol ...

@Facial Deluxe
je vais te rapplere vers le 26

@ Chagidiel

humm teh shading is not so complictaed ...
a bit of g2 , a color map + some noise and gradient driven by weight map ,
a specular map + some noise
a difuse map,

a bump map + a normal displacement deformer ( althoug it´s dont really work the way i want cause of the problem with the uv seam.. )

and a lot of tweacking..

this shader look ok in this light situation.. but i should try and see in an other scenes with a different light setup

@ fellah
i understand your point ,

about the strap of the glass.. but i would leave them this way.. cause i have a new inspiration for my next charachter ...
and actually i did this one just as a skin shader test ..i didnot want to work with a simple ball ...lol..

the google are H.U.D google.. no glasse or transparent surface.. just plain metal.. , the 3 colored dot are the camera and sensore .. :-)

and i would post later in the finished gallery a bigger picture without bard for teh people who want to have a better view of the skin shader

wireframe uppon request

xtrm3d
01-05-2004, 08:12 AM
hello me again..
just uploaded a new one in teh final gallery..
this time without beard to allow the people to have acloser look to the skin shader .. :wavey:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=111063&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.