PDA

View Full Version : help me analyze the lighting of this scene!

judeanwaleed
11-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Hello every one!

i am just a beginner in this field but having a very basic and introductory level of tips and techniques of lighting..

i was just trying to do this interior shot, in which i want to achieve a evening kinda feel more warmer and kinda orangish - hope that is clear to you.. i have taken a render on gray shader.

http://s15.postimage.org/5q2nssijv/image.jpg

please look at my very first try that i shared.. it looks pretty good to my eyes, but i don't know how would a professional eye would response or critique on this..

i would really appreciate a deep level of criticism on this render..

like what could be added, and whats is missing.. and what things can also be done on the final retouching on composite?

Panupat
11-29-2012, 07:27 AM
Well. There's nothing much to say as it is a very simple scene. A few things to point out.

- Your tree shadow on the left and right are looking very distracting. Look up some photography to see how tree shadows blur in real life.

- Light direction is very close to camera angle. That doesn't produce a very interesting look.

judeanwaleed
11-29-2012, 10:27 AM
hello panupat, thanks for your reply!

can u please elaborate a little bit on what do u mean by the " lighting direction is close to the camera ? also.. i will adjust the leaves of the trees accordingly u suggested..

and how do you look and feel the overall temperature and ambiance of the room ?

Panupat
11-29-2012, 04:46 PM
I mean, your camera and key light are both pointing in the same direction. Not exactly the same but pretty close. This resembles a real camera's pop up flash where it lights your target dead-on from the front. This most of the time is consider a bad lighting.

I can't say much about the over all mood at this stage. The ground and the wall cover a lot of your frame, and they're very even. Creating a very flat look.

CHRiTTeR
11-30-2012, 05:46 AM
I wouldnt call it the best axample of lighting a scene :argh:

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2012, 05:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.