PDA

View Full Version : Camera export

alexx600
11-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Hello:) I have got small problem.I would like to export scene from blender to 3ds Max. I would like to export also camera. I tried DAE but I have got some problem in Max which import( some kind of parsing dae error).I was suprised bacause that dae was imported in Cinema 4d and there was no problem. I tried also .3ds but that format doesn't have information about non mesh object.Any sugestion?

Mrkat
11-28-2012, 12:10 PM
It's not always as straightforward as it could be because Max often uses a different set-up that's not directly analogous to Blender (not just for cameras). You'll basically need to substitute the camera for a simple cube in Blender and then replace that in Max on import.

alexx600
11-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Maybe it is some kind of solution. On another forum I got answer to instal OpenCollada plugin in Max and that should help. I haven't installed that yet but I will write if that will help.Maybe I will try export fbx also but it is not answer that I was searching for...
Anyway it is a litte bit confusing that collada haven't got the same standard in 3d software...

CGTalk Moderation
11-28-2012, 03:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.